The off-season isn't done...

SoxFan1

People are getting really worked up about the draft and the Bears relative inactivity in free agency, but don't forget, June 1st salary cuts are around the corner, and I expect JA to look long and hard at some guys cut at OG, QB, DT, WR, RB, and S. Remember, the season isn't over yet.

People are getting really worked up about the draft and the Bears relative inactivity in free agency, but don't forget, June 1st salary cuts are around the corner, and I expect JA to look long and hard at some guys cut at OG, QB, DT, WR, RB, and S. Remember, the season isn't over yet.
Thank you! The title was quite enough. I'm looking for a possible starting OG, backup OT and 3rd QB. Possibly a WR, if they are high enough caliber.

Thank you! The title was quite enough. I'm looking for a possible starting OG, backup OT and 3rd QB. Possibly a WR, if they are high enough caliber.

We've already got a ton of wide receivers -- Booker, Bradley, Hester, Lloyd, Hass, Davis, Bennett, Monk. That's 8, and we'll keep 6 at most. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it would have to be someone pretty special.

June 1st is no longer really a valid date. Used to, you had to wait until June 1st to cut a player in order to spread out the cap hit. Today though, teams have done a FAR better job managing the cap, and in recent years, June 1st activity is minimal. Then the league passed the rule which allowed a team to cut a player prior to June 1st, while essentially claiming him as a June 1st cut, thus spreading out the cap hit.

June 1st aside, there will be player released, but I am not sure it will be on June 1st like in the past. There will be player cut simply because of roster number crunches. For example, we are likely to cut Arch in the near future. RMJ could be on the way out too IMHO. Many talk about our RBs, but I do not think we make a move until camp.

FA is not over, but at the same time, I just do not have a lot of confidence Angelo is looking to build much through FA. We have a nice amount of cap space, but Angelo seems to be holding that in reserve in order to re-sign a group of current bears.