Bears offense

ASHKUM BEAR

Bears offense:

>[WR]Booker [WR]Bennett[RT]Tait [RG]Garza [C]Kreutz [LG]St. Clair [LT]Williams [TE]Olsen[WR]Hester

[QB] Grossman 

[RB] Forte

If the Offensive line can hold there own, I see this line up being one that could put up some points.

Hester to stretch the field and pull a safety deep

Olsen matched up against a LB running a intermediate route

Forte sits back on a delayed play action, helps on a chip block and sits for a dump off

Bennett working the slot coming accross the middle

Booker on a curl or slant

Bears offense:

>[WR]Booker [WR]Bennett[RT]Tait [RG]Garza [C]Kreutz [LG]St. Clair [LT]Williams [TE]Olsen[WR]Hester

[QB] Grossman 

[RB] Forte

If the Offensive line can hold there own, I see this line up being one that could put up some points.

Forte sits back on a delayed play action, helps on a chip block and sits for a dump off

It's not bad, but I think Hester needs to prove he can consistently get off of a jam before he can claim the 2nd WR spot. I rather have him as a situational WR or slot WR so he can put ungodly pressure on the other Team's nickel. If Hester is in the slot attacking the seams and Olsen also stretching the field or working the middle. I think it would put a lot of pressure on the safties. This would let Booker or Bennett/Bradley/Davis to basically be one on one. Giving the QB confidence that he would be assured one on one match up's on the outside. If the QB is Rex I think the works in his favor because his best throw is the deep pass to the skinny post in the seam and if the safties don't respect Hester or Olsen it's the one pass which Rex can execute and make them pay.

Just my two bits.

Bears offense:

[QB] Grossman 

[RB] Forte

Bennett and Olsen wont be starting and when Olsen is in I highly doubt teams will put a linebacker on him in coverage.

Agreed. No way should Hester be starting. Your starters need to be consistent players the QB can rely on. Hester is no where near there. Last year, w/ a camp to learn, he didn't even know where to lineup. While I hope he can take big strides this year, I think it unrealistic to expect him to start.

As mentioned, line him up in the slot. This gives him a greater opportunity to get off the LOS clean and get open. As much pure talent as he has, line him up against a starting CB at this point in his career, and I think he will only lose confidence. Line him up against weaker nickel DBs.

Personally, here is the lineup I like.

Lloyd/Bradley - Clark - Williams - Beekman/St. Clair - Kreutz - Garza - Tait - Olson - Booker

Rex

Benson/Forte

To me, while fans are really optimistic about our WRs, I still think the strength lies in the TEs. By lining them both up, you have the potential of two blockers and/or two receivers. You can send Olsen down the seam, while Clark chip blocks and then runs a short (QB friendly) route. You have a solid option in Booker, and a receiver on the other side who can work downfield. I say Lloyd or Bradley as I do not know which is better, and will let camp work that out.

And yes, I still add the potential for Benson to start. I want to see what he brings to camp, while at the same time want to see Forte actually take a handoff before I simply assume he is a stud.

But the key is the two TEs. The lesser of the two is a more reliable receiver than our #2 WR, much less #3. IMHO, if we want to give the QBs a chance, we need to (a) block better and (B) put our most dependable receivers on the field. IMHO, both points are served by playing two TE sets.

IMHO our O-line should be (LT)Williams (LG)ST.Clair © Kruetz, (RG)Garza (RT)Tait. This gives up better protection up front...ST.Clair can help Williams on the left and Tait can help Garza on the right side. At WR you will have a battle on each side between Booker/Bennett and Bradley/Lloyd. Now you have Hester,Davis and Monk to plug in and you have a good crop IMHO If Lloyd plays and is back to his SF days then it's great if not then you make room for Monk/Hass

At QB I think Grossman will be the man with WR that want to catch the ball and run the correct routes this year.

At TE we have a monster if uesd right. We have Davis if he makesa the team at one end 6'7' and Olsen at 6'5 to use in the middle and the red zone, with Clark being their also Olsen and Davis are faster than Clark and can go open down the field.

RB will be a battle between Forte/Benson. I see Benson starting and Forte being the sub.....like Jones/Benson a year ago.