JA - FA - Signing Rookies...

Pixote

I am beginning to think there is a definite relationship to the Bears' policy of rewarding their own when they excel and the way we seem to always be ahead of the other teams in signing our rookie classes.

People like to say we (the Bears) are cheap. Tell me of any other team who works as hard as the Bears to reward their own. I can not think of one that comes close.

Then you look at how far ahead we are of other teams in signing our rookie classes, this year and the past few. I am beginning to think it is because the rookies know that if they sign with us, get in camp on time, and perform (excel) they will also be rewarded.

JA has established a great reputation for the Bears management and how we handle our players. IMO it is paying off big time!!

I think there's a lot of truth to that, it's much like us we're more likely to take a job with a company with such a reputation and are more willing to work hard knowing that work is rewarded. As a Rookie you get drafted but still knowing you are drafted by an organization that will reward you if you step up and perform and have a good work ethic and on the flip side know that the team will cut you if you don't. While it's not picked up on by the "extperts" and other knowitalls. The players know and the Agents know also. But doing business this way has a positive effect on moral. Happy players work harder.

To think we are likely only days away from having all 12 of our rookies signed weeks before camp starts says a lot.

JA has established a great reputation for the Bears management and how we handle our players. IMO it is paying off big time!!

I agree Pix. Now I'm looking to Williams getting signed and everyone coming into camp healthy and ready to contribute. Let's hope we can get some production from a majority of the draft picks and that we beat up every team we play!