Will we be using more shotgun?

nfoligno

Read in the Sun Times that our QBs are working out of the shotgun quite a bit. That is something we have VERY sparingly done in the past. I don't think Kreutz is a big fan of the shutgun, and w/ a slower runner like Benson, delays handoffs were never going to work. Now, w/ quicker/faster RBs in both Forte and KJ, it seems like we may be in a better position to use the shotgun now.

Also, wasn't Orton a shutgun QB in college? In fact, wasn't one of the pre-draft knocks on him whether or not he could play under center?

I never expected us to use the shotgun much, but if we are spending a lot of time practicing it, it does make me wonder. Also, could this be a "slight" insight as to the staff's thoughts on the QB situation? Playing out the shotgun would seem to be better for Orton, who has more experience in that role.

Read in the Sun Times that our QBs are working out of the shotgun quite a bit. That is something we have VERY sparingly done in the past. I don't think Kreutz is a big fan of the shutgun, and w/ a slower runner like Benson, delays handoffs were never going to work. Now, w/ quicker/faster RBs in both Forte and KJ, it seems like we may be in a better position to use the shotgun now.

Also, wasn't Orton a shutgun QB in college? In fact, wasn't one of the pre-draft knocks on him whether or not he could play under center?

I never expected us to use the shotgun much, but if we are spending a lot of time practicing it, it does make me wonder. Also, could this be a "slight" insight as to the staff's thoughts on the QB situation? Playing out the shotgun would seem to be better for Orton, who has more experience in that role.

I thought they were working on this alot last year in TC b/c it would help Rex see the blitz coming better. I could be wrong, but it sounds very similiar.