Some thoughts on PS game 1

CrackerDog

OK, I wasn't impressed. But as I've given myself a little time to think about it, it wasn't all bad. The O Line did hold up pretty well and there weren't a lot of penalties called in the game. Of course, I'm not sure KC is a pass rushing juggernaut either...

The running game looked pretty good. Obviously we have some horses there and this will only improve when Jones is ready to go. Now, it sure would've been great if Jerry didn't draft a guy with a pre-existing back condition. Damn it. Still, we'll have to watch this situation develop. If the line can produce through the first half of the season and the kid really returns in 12 weeks, it might not be so bad having fresh legs at LT for the remainder of the season. Of course, I'll believe it when I see it. I expect he'll miss the whole year. Hope I'm wrong.

Wolfe hit the hole with confidence and showed he might be better than we saw last season. When that kid gets motoring he's almost as exciting as Hester. This warrants watching through the preseason as his two best plays may have been flukes against a lousy KC defense. Hard to tell much at this time.

Forte really looks to have soft hands for the passing game. Hope that continues to show through the PS. We didn't have that in Cedric.

Kyle looked OK. He was making all the throws. That said, I really didn't see anything from him that impressed me. Grossman looked inept for most of his time in there. I'm really starting to think we need to pick a #1 guy sooner rather than later so he can get ALL the reps with the first team. I suggest we go through this one more PS game and then start moving in that direction. Clear leader after game 2 ought to start getting 60% of the reps, maybe more. If nobody is leading the pack by then... Same old shit.

The D looked sharp after the initial drive. During that first drive I was screaming for Babich's head. What is it with our coordinators? But then they shook the cobwebs off and played some football. I really don't think it was poor play calling, just bad execution. This next game will tell. Sure was nice seeing Brown healthy. Hopefully the man can finish his career with a few fulls seasons. He's always deserved better treatment from the football gods.

I like what I saw of our receivers. Although, I don't know if Marty has it anymore. Poor bastard didn't get separation once, did he? Even Bradley impressed. Must not be "that time of the month" for her.

Hester... Incomplete. Hey Turner, pull your head out of your ass this season and use the guy in 1/3rd of the offensive game plan. I'm not saying you should show it to us during the preseason. But if you don't go to Hester deep twice a half for the entire season, you deserve to be shit-canned.

The rookie TE got open deep. Sweet!

Erik Kramer still looks like he could play. His commentary during the game wasn't bad either, until he got caught in that backpeddling moment about Favre when he realized he was on Chicago television. Pretty awkward.

Lovie looked like he had to take a dump the entire game.

Let's not put Hanie in the Hall of Fame just yet.voice>

But he did impress, didn't he? Playing against the thrid string maybe I could impress. Still... Obviously if the Bears are going with the 1/2 punch of KyRex this year, having a developmental kid like him in the wings in case the season goes south on us is something that may keep us interested in the last three games of the season this year. No, I'm not giving up on the season at this point. If we stay healthy and get a break or two, I still think we could be a playoff team this year. We have to play fearless football this season, something Turner may not be ready to do. If we play not to lose, we'll win no more than 8 games. If we go for it, we could crash and burn or we could win 10 games and have a chance to play in January. I'd rather see them play like they have a pair, either way.

The running game looked pretty good. Obviously we have some horses there and this will only improve when Jones is ready to go. Now, it sure would've been great if Jerry didn't draft a guy with a pre-existing back condition. Damn it. Still, we'll have to watch this situation develop. If the line can produce through the first half of the season and the kid really returns in 12 weeks, it might not be so bad having fresh legs at LT for the remainder of the season. Of course, I'll believe it when I see it. I expect he'll miss the whole year. Hope I'm wrong.
Best just to red-shirt Williams at this point. JA's just trying to not look like a JA for drafting him.

Wolfe hit the hole with confidence and showed he might be better than we saw last season. When that kid gets motoring he's almost as exciting as Hester. This warrants watching through the preseason as his two best plays may have been flukes against a lousy KC defense. Hard to tell much at this time.
Wolfe looked like he should get a few touches with the 1st unit.

Forte really looks to have soft hands for the passing game. Hope that continues to show through the PS. We didn't have that in Cedric.
I'm thinking he's going to be a football player.

The D looked sharp after the initial drive. During that first drive I was screaming for Babich's head. What is it with our coordinators? But then they shook the cobwebs off and played some football. I really don't think it was poor play calling, just bad execution. This next game will tell. Sure was nice seeing Brown healthy. Hopefully the man can finish his career with a few fulls seasons. He's always deserved better treatment from the football gods.
No need to sweat the D just yet. They are a veteren unit that should be ready.

I like what I saw of our receivers. Although, I don't know if Marty has it anymore. Poor bastard didn't get separation once, did he? Even Bradley impressed. Must not be "that time of the month.

The rookie TE got open deep. Sweet!

LOL! and agreed on the recievers and Davis.

Lovie looked like he had to take a dump the entire game.
LOL It's cause he's earned a reputation as a good coach by being full of shit.

Let's not put Hanie in the Hall of Fame just yet.voice>
Exactly. Remember, when we were all going crazy for Orton a few years ago? I actually thought he was innaccurate a few times. Plus, he had allll day to throw.

But he did impress, didn't he? Playing against the thrid string maybe I could impress. Still... Obviously if the Bears are going with the 1/2 punch of KyRex this year, having a developmental kid like him in the wings in case the season goes south on us is something that may keep us interested in the last three games of the season this year. No, I'm not giving up on the season at this point. If we stay healthy and get a break or two, I still think we could be a playoff team this year. We have to play fearless football this season, something Turner may not be ready to do. If we play not to lose, we'll win no more than 8 games. If we go for it, we could crash and burn or we could win 10 games and have a chance to play in January. I'd rather see them play like they have a pair, either way.

All told, I don't care if it was against 3rd stringers. It was better competition than he has EVER faced. The kid held up well, but let's not call him the future just yet. Playing like we have a pair may be the only option around week six. Then again, we may not need to.