Now this is just how I feel

Wesson44

IMHO we can be the Colts next week if we do two things on offense and one on defense. On offense if we can run the ball and control the clock we stand a great chance of winning .....due to the way the Colts are built. They don't have the massive line up front, they use lighter speed guys similar to what we have so they can be blocked out of plays. So if we pound the ball inside and use the 2 TE set we can run on them to the outside. Secondly their corners and LB are not speed guys so we can get Olsen/Davis underneath open and Bradley/Hester/Lloyd open on deeper routes. Also with their speed up front screens and draws will kill them. Not to mention that Sanders and Freeney might not be 100% healthy like they say they are.

On the defense side of the ball the Colts offense will be without their starting center so Dusty,Adams and Harris might have something to take advantage of. Manning will be back but will he be 100%, Harrison still has knee issues so we might have a defense that can take advantage of this. So if we can pressure the Colts up the middle we can do damage to Peyton and that offense.

I can agree with you on your observations.

Manning has to be pressured up the middle, he is a pocket passer, can pick up the blitz and read the defense.

The question is, will we stop the run? Yesterday against Cleveland they ate up our defense with the run. However, if I am not mistaken, Harris & Dusty were held out as well as M Brown, who is excellent in run support. If we can not stop Addai & Rhodes, they could in turn control the closk and our D will be winded by the 3rd quarter.

I think we can stop the run. The Colts are not a power running team...they are a team that uses lots of draws and off tackle long handoffs. So if we attack the middle and stay in our lanes or gaps as they say then we will be fine. Addai & Rhodes are not the best of the backs we will face but getting to them and wrapping up will be the key to holding this Colts team. I don't think the Colts tackles can hold Ogun, Anderson and Brown the whole game. As well as we are going to have problems with Freeney and Mathis. But our Ends are bigger than the Colts DE'S but not as fast.