Rideau & Mines to be cut

Connorbear

Wide receiver Rideau does not make the cut

By Brad Biggson August 30, 2008 2:49 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

Wide receiver Brandon Rideau, who led the Bears and the entire league with three touchdown catches in preseason, has been informed he will be placed on waivers.

It's an indication the Bears will go with six wide receivers and that veterans Marty Booker and Mark Bradley are most likely safe. There's been no announcement on their status, but Bradley is a former second-round pick and coaches indicated Booker was safe even though he was difficult to find on the field in preseason.

Tight end Fontel Mines, who spent last season on the practice squad before a brief promotion to the 53-man roster at the end of the season, has also been told he will be placed on waivers.

That leaves six cuts unknown. Stay tuned.

I also read that LaRoque will be cut as well.

Peace :dabears

This is what they are saying "Well I'm sorry Brandon, even though you totally outplayed every single wide receiver on our current roster and had a helluva preseason, were going to cut you so Marty Booker and his sorry ass self who's done jack shit since joining the team can have a spot." This is absolute bullshit and it pisses me off. Were rewarding a player for doing shit and releasing a player for good performance.. Rideau WILL be on a team by tomorrow if not by tonight and he's going to be a really good WR in this league. MARK MY freakin WORDS!

This is what they are saying "Well I'm sorry Brandon, even though you totally outplayed every single wide receiver on our current roster and had a helluva preseason, were going to cut you so Marty Booker and his sorry ass self who's done jack shit since joining the team can have a spot." This is absolute bullshit and it pisses me off. Were rewarding a player for doing shit and releasing a player for good performance.. Rideau WILL be on a team by tomorrow if not by tonight and he's going to be a really good WR in this league. MARK MY freakin WORDS!

Just like Kenny Christian!!!! :rolleyes:

It it really ticks me off when players make the roster based on past performance instead of present performance.

Brandon plays his ass off and gets shown the door.

It's that pathetic mindset that keeps the Bears from putting any consistent team together.

That and rarely drafting the most important position on the field. I'm not talking about QB either.. OL..

Although, we should be drafting one of those almost every year as well..

Just like Kenny Christian!!!! :rolleyes:

If you disagree then you are wrong. You can't dispute the fact Rideau outplayed Marty Booker the entire preseason. What we just did is wrong and stupid because your letting go of someone who led your team in scoring throughout the preseason to keep a guy who likely isn't going to do anything the entire regular season.

It it really ticks me off when players make the roster based on past performance instead of present performance.

Brandon plays his ass off and gets shown the door.

It's that pathetic mindset that keeps the Bears from putting any consistent team together.

That and rarely drafting the most important position on the field. I'm not talking about QB either.. OL..

Although, we should be drafting one of those almost every year as well..

I agree with every word you said ;)

If you disagree then you are wrong. You can't dispute the fact Rideau outplayed Marty Booker the entire preseason. What we just did is wrong and stupid because your letting go of someone who led your team in scoring throughout the preseason to keep a guy who likely isn't going to do anything the entire regular season.

In your opinion I am wrong. I am simply noting that there always players who look very good in the preseason who never amount to anything in the pros (David Ball last yr). Personally, I like Rideau and wish him well. However, he has never played a down in an NFL game that means anything. Marty Booker has played in the league 9 yrs. He has never looked good in the preseason (confirmed by several local writers - Mulligan, Biggs, etc) but has always brought it when it counts.

I respect your opinion but I simply disagree with you. Let's leave it at that.

In the long run Riddeau wasnt going to be a factor if he made team and if he makes another team will be the last WR on the depth chart there too. That being said I do agree that it was wrong to keep Booker who showed nothing, not ability to get open and I think a drop or two over a young guy who did impress.

Oh please, like Marty Booker gives a rats ass about the preseason.

In your opinion I am wrong. I am simply noting that there always players who look very good in the preseason who never amount to anything in the pros (David Ball last yr). Personally, I like Rideau and wish him well. However, he has never played a down in an NFL game that means anything. Marty Booker has played in the league 9 yrs. He has never looked good in the preseason (confirmed by several local writers - Mulligan, Biggs, etc) but has always brought it when it counts.

I respect your opinion but I simply disagree with you. Let's leave it at that.

Alright, apologies on my comment. I was in deep anger and still am as you can see.. It just pains me to see a player who performed so well get left off the team especially at a position where the is no real threat (besides Hester)..

Alright, apologies on my comment. I was in deep anger and still am as you can see.. It just pains me to see a player who performed so well get left off the team especially at a position where the is no real threat (besides Hester)..

Understood - no issues.