Dan Buenning

Wesson44

When I watched him play against us in 205 he was blocking our line all over the place. He seems to be a good run blocker and that we surely need with Forte and Jones in the backfield. In passing plays he held his own. He is not a pro bowl player but he is surely better than Metcalf and Beekman. He is 6'4 320 so he is big enough to stop the likes of Pat Williams from the Vikings and such.

I like this guy.

Now with that Bowman was cut, IMHO if they thoght so much of him I might have had to part ways with McBride. Not because he is a bad player, but if Bowman is bigger, stronger and faster he can match up better with the taller WR teams have, like the Chargers who's WR average 6'1 in hieght compared to the 5'9 McBride

I would expect Bowman put on the PS, He will be held there till on of our DB's go down. Then he will be back on the roster. Buenning is a monster. Straight up blue collar type of player, I see him in the line up in no time. If healthy he will probably suplant Beekman, But I would not be surprised if Garza is in thier sites. Could be the begining of the line rebuild. At least with Buenning it is a great start.

I would expect Bowman put on the PS, He will be held there till on of our DB's go down. Then he will be back on the roster. Buenning is a monster. Straight up blue collar type of player, I see him in the line up in no time. If healthy he will probably suplant Beekman, But I would not be surprised if Garza is in thier sites. Could be the begining of the line rebuild. At least with Buenning it is a great start.

Yes I would much rather go with this type of player, a young guy who can possibly improve, than old, past their prime guys, like Miller and Anderson.

Now with that Bowman was cut, IMHO if they thoght so much of him I might have had to part ways with McBride. Not because he is a bad player, but if Bowman is bigger, stronger and faster he can match up better with the taller WR teams have, like the Chargers who's WR average 6'1 in hieght compared to the 5'9 McBride

One point that should be made is, Bowman is eligible for the practice squad, while McBride is not due to playing time last year. W/ Bowman, there is a legit chance he sticks w/ the team, whereas McBride would simply be gone.

Also, while McBride has not looked good this year, he did look solid last year in a starting position, and that likely gives him some benefit of doubt.

Guest TerraTor
Yes I would much rather go with this type of player, a young guy who can possibly improve, than old, past their prime guys, like Miller and Anderson.

the guy hasnt played in over a year. Another one of our great "redshirt" ideas i assume

When I watched him play against us in 205 he was blocking our line all over the place. He seems to be a good run blocker and that we surely need with Forte and Jones in the backfield. In passing plays he held his own. He is not a pro bowl player but he is surely better than Metcalf and Beekman. He is 6'4 320 so he is big enough to stop the likes of Pat Williams from the Vikings and such.

I like this guy.

It may have more to do with the Bears believing that they could slide Bowman onto the practice squad while McBride would surely get picked up.