Which crappy RB do I start?

bradjock

In one spot I have Ryan Grant (who will probably suck against the Vikings, but I'll go with him anyway)

In the other spot I have to choose between:

Ricky Williams Senior (I'd planned to start him until Miami hinted Brown may get more carries)

DeAngelo Williams

Fred Taylor

Ahman Green

Kenny Watson

Thankfully I'm loaded at WR.

Out of that group I'd normally lean towards Taylor or Green (esp. early in the season on him) but just off the stats last year, Tennesse and Pittsburgh (playing Jax and Hou respectively) were #5 and #3 in the NFL against the run. Cinci is playing Baltimore and they were #2 against the run last year. Going off of the quality of the defenses, you sort of lean towards one of the Williams's, the Jets were at the bottom of the league in run defense last year and the Chargers were in the middle of the pack.

I'd go Taylor...tried and true.

In one spot I have Ryan Grant (who will probably suck against the Vikings, but I'll go with him anyway)

In the other spot I have to choose between:

Ricky Williams Senior (I'd planned to start him until Miami hinted Brown may get more carries)

DeAngelo Williams

Fred Taylor

Ahman Green

Kenny Watson

Thankfully I'm loaded at WR.

Got it! Your team is scary!

Scary? My team looks like crap. I must have been drunk to draft some of the guys I did. I like some, but (hindsight 20/20), man I made some stupid calls.

Picks I really like (Cotchery, DeSean Jackson, Chris Johnson)

Cotchery has always been held back by a QB w/o an arm. Farve may throw picks, but I don't care. He will get the ball downfield to Cotch, and I think Cotch becomes a big play threat this year.

Jackson has stood out in camp, and w/o any other healhy WRs on the team, is going to be a key player in their offense. He has shown chemistry w/ McNabb, and I think will be a great player in a YPP league.

Chris Johnson is a home run hitter on a run 1st, 2nd and 3rd offense. He may not get as many carries early, but I think he will start before the end of the season, and will be the RB to catch the ball as well.

Picks I question what I was thinking.

Ocho Cinco - He could be great, but w/ concerns about injury (which were later proven worse than expected), I pulled an Angelo.

Fred Taylor - I like Taylor in general, but took him too high, especially in a PPR league.

Leinart - Ouch! At least he was just a 3rd QB.

Tatum Bell - Not even on an NFL team right now. May as well have drafted Benson.

I still like your team...at least better than mine!

Ocho Cinco will be just fine! ...so will old man Taylor!

The others, I could see your point!

Scary? My team looks like crap. I must have been drunk to draft some of the guys I did. I like some, but (hindsight 20/20), man I made some stupid calls.

Picks I really like (Cotchery, DeSean Jackson, Chris Johnson)

Cotchery has always been held back by a QB w/o an arm. Farve may throw picks, but I don't care. He will get the ball downfield to Cotch, and I think Cotch becomes a big play threat this year.

Jackson has stood out in camp, and w/o any other healhy WRs on the team, is going to be a key player in their offense. He has shown chemistry w/ McNabb, and I think will be a great player in a YPP league.

Chris Johnson is a home run hitter on a run 1st, 2nd and 3rd offense. He may not get as many carries early, but I think he will start before the end of the season, and will be the RB to catch the ball as well.

Picks I question what I was thinking.

Ocho Cinco - He could be great, but w/ concerns about injury (which were later proven worse than expected), I pulled an Angelo.

Fred Taylor - I like Taylor in general, but took him too high, especially in a PPR league.

Leinart - Ouch! At least he was just a 3rd QB.

Tatum Bell - Not even on an NFL team right now. May as well have drafted Benson.