Onward and upward

CrackerDog

Nice start!

Here are two things the Bears need to do to continue this streak.

1.) Find one more O Tackle for depth. There has to be someone available in FA we can pick up now. I'd read teams were waiting to sign veterans until after week 1 was over so they didn't have to gaurantee the entire season of salary. Hopefully there's someone out there who might be excited about the fact that the Bears look better than expected and will choose them over someone else, if all else is equal.

2.) The Bears need to game plan for 8 in the box next week. Fox isn't dumb. The Bears running game this week was impressive but 150 yards in the air isn't going to scare anyone. Kyle will face a Viking's style attack next week ala Grossman in 2006. We need to be ready for that. Peppers is still awesome and we won't be sneaking up on anyone next week with our running game. Hester, Lloyd and the WR crew will need to be more involved next week. I hope we have a reverse to Hester actually in the plan. We faked it like 30 times last night. Talk about perfectly setting someone up for next week.

Nice start!

Here are two things the Bears need to do to continue this streak.

1.) Find one more O Tackle for depth. There has to be someone available in FA we can pick up now. I'd read teams were waiting to sign veterans until after week 1 was over so they didn't have to gaurantee the entire season of salary. Hopefully there's someone out there who might be excited about the fact that the Bears look better than expected and will choose them over someone else, if all else is equal.

2.) The Bears need to game plan for 8 in the box next week. Fox isn't dumb. The Bears running game this week was impressive but 150 yards in the air isn't going to scare anyone. Kyle will face a Viking's style attack next week ala Grossman in 2006. We need to be ready for that. Peppers is still awesome and we won't be sneaking up on anyone next week with our running game. Hester, Lloyd and the WR crew will need to be more involved next week. I hope we have a reverse to Hester actually in the plan. We faked it like 30 times last night. Talk about perfectly setting someone up for next week.

Dog we must do what we did this week to win next week. Jake is no Manning and they will be throwing to who...Moose and not Smith so we stand a chance their. Sure they beat they Chargers in their first game but we should have two last year. Dusty abnd Brown are still with us.....knock on wood and we looked good not great but good.

We are going to throw deep to Hester next week and he's going to run one back or give us better field position than we had in Indy. They defense is going to want to repeat what they did last week so look out panthers.

Dog we must do what we did this week to win next week. Jake is no Manning and they will be throwing to who...Moose and not Smith so we stand a chance their. Sure they beat they Chargers in their first game but we should have two last year. Dusty abnd Brown are still with us.....knock on wood and we looked good not great but good.

We are going to throw deep to Hester next week and he's going to run one back or give us better field position than we had in Indy. They defense is going to want to repeat what they did last week so look out panthers.

Oh, I don't disagree our D will play a similar game as this week and we should be fine there, assuming we remain healthy. However, at some point Orton is going to have to prove he can remain poised under the conditions I noted. I expect this will be that week. I don't recall Indy doing that too much yesterday. It was a dime package when Forte broke his long one.

The best thing I think I saw last night was Orton standing back up after taking a hit and acting like nothing phased him. Grossman would've had happy feet the entire game. If Orton can deliver a few quick slant hits to Hester (etc) to keep them from putting 8/9 "in the box" our offense will be tough to figure out going forward. Turner had one good game plan and needs to be ready for the obvious next week. We'll see if he can string two weeks together.

Oh, I don't disagree our D will play a similar game as this week and we should be fine there, assuming we remain healthy. However, at some point Orton is going to have to prove he can remain poised under the conditions I noted. I expect this will be that week. I don't recall Indy doing that too much yesterday. It was a dime package when Forte broke his long one.

But here's the other side of the token...Forte may have broken 50 against a dime package, but there were plenty of times he got good yardage when the D was expecting the run. Ditto Jones. And on that, I only expect both of them to get better as Jones gets healthy, Forte adapts, and the line learns to play a bit better.

They might struggle a bit more against a true run-stuffing team like Minny (although Indy hasn't been that bad at run D the last couple years, especially when Sanders is healthy)....but one of those old NFL guidelines still holds true...if you can run the ball and gain good yards even when the defense knows you want to run the ball, then you're going to be a hard team to beat. Because when they start putting 8 and 9 men in the box to slow down the run, they can't get a real good pass rush (play-fakes) and it opens up your guys down the field.

While they didnt get overly abused the left side of the line to me was still an obvious weakness. That being said St. Clair/Beekman didnt get overly abused and did some things well. I do think assuming he is healthy that a left side of Buenning and Williams by the end of the season will be a lot more effective.

While they didnt get overly abused the left side of the line to me was still an obvious weakness. That being said St. Clair/Beekman didnt get overly abused and did some things well. I do think assuming he is healthy that a left side of Buenning and Williams by the end of the season will be a lot more effective.

On the other hand...the left side of that line was also going up against perhaps the best pass rusher currently in the game. And while Orton was hit more times than we'd like, they did their job with the running game, and that opened up the passing game later.

On the other hand...the left side of that line was also going up against perhaps the best pass rusher currently in the game. And while Orton was hit more times than we'd like, they did their job with the running game, and that opened up the passing game later.

Yeah against someone like Dwight Freeney I was ok with the performance, but in the long run it needs to improve. I havent watched the game a 2nd time yet but to me it seemed like the Colts blitzed more often on the right side, which seems odd as that was our strong side. The good thing is next week without Jenkins the Panthers D-Line is very mediocre with the exception of Peppers, who is matched up against Tait. That will give us more of an idea on what we have in Beekman/St.Clair because if they get pushed around against mediocre talent than there is a problem.

Scratch that, I guess Peppers switched sides and will be lined up against St. Clair. Well, he is truly getting the worse of it in having to face the 2 best DE's back to back.

I liked what they were doing having the tight ends in the backfield, sometimes helping with protection and sometime running routes. I have to give the coaching credit for that idea.