Galloway may be out vs Bears

sprout

from profootballtalk.com

GALLOWAY LIKELY OUT FOR BUCS

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 17, 2008, 5:10 p.m.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Joey Galloway is likely to miss Sunday’s game at Chicago, PewterReport.com is reporting.

Galloway suffered an ankle injury in the Bucs’ Week 2 win against the Falcons and was unable to practice today.

The loss of Galloway, who has started both of Tampa Bay’s regular season games after missing all of training camp and the preseason with a groin injury, would likely mean Antonio Bryant would move to split end and Michael Clayton would start at flanker. Clayton, who had a great rookie year in 2004 but has been a disappointment since then, said he’s ready to be a starter again.

“This is the window of opportunity I have been waiting on,” Clayton said. “I’m real confident. It won’t change. I’ve got the confidence where I’m not going to give [the starting job] back. It’s a great year for me and I’m glad this happened early rather than late. This will give me the opportunity to play in a lot of games. Now I just have to stay healthy and play the way I’ve been playing.”

Clayton was inactive Week 1 and had one catch for six yards in Week 2.