This season is for rebuilding...

Grouchy Bear

As much as I hate to say it. Even though it seems that Bear mgnt seems to differ. I'm a big koolaid drinker but so far this season does not look good.

Our first 4 games are toughest part of the season and so far we are 1-2. We could have been 3-0.

With that said 0-3 was also a possibility but were lucky enough that the colts had some key injuries and manning (rusty) looked like Orton sunday running for his life.

This sunday we maybe get lucky if Philly (who had a big win against Pitt and has a divisional game with the redskins in 2 weeks) have a let down.

Our defense at times have looked great early in games setting the tone, getting turnovers leaving our offense in great field position. Tampa made adjustments to what the bears were throwing at them. One was finding weak spots and weak links.

The spots were quick slants and after beating us over the head all game with that they went to double moves and went up top late in the game. I don't know if playing soft corners was in the game plan but but at least change up once in awhile.

Weak links were a inexperienced safety Payne and Hilli (slow as heinze ketchup) who made Stevens look like all pros Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates. Stevens made some key grabs at the right times. We have to let Payne learn and grow but maybe it's time for Glover or Williams to see more playing time LB.

I'm not giving the dline any excuses for not getting sacks but three step passes don't give them much time. But they can get their hands up get some deflections.

If harris is not 100% why play him at the cost of the team and his future? Indoji and Harrison seem to be adequate and more contributable at this time then Harris.

Somebody at the #2 wr spot please stand up and catch the ball (davis). If not why not see if booker or bennet can.

Is there a sping league like baseball has a winter league where we can send olsen and Kellen to learn the basics of blocking.

We can't fix the Oline this year but next year please get some major help Angelo.

Many bear fans are very protective of Kreutz but he sucks in the open field. What I saw was an old man who was late pulling for runs, screens and getting to the second level where the Lb's ran right past him.

Qb's- PLEASE! Clean house and start fresh

If I recall correctly, both nfo and I called this season a quasi-rebuild and we pretty much got blasted for thinking that... Things could still change, but it certainly appears we were onto something.

As much as I hate to say it. Even though it seems that Bear mgnt seems to differ. I'm a big koolaid drinker but so far this season does not look good.

Our first 4 games are toughest part of the season and so far we are 1-2. We could have been 3-0.

With that said 0-3 was also a possibility but were lucky enough that the colts had some key injuries and manning (rusty) looked like Orton sunday running for his life.

This sunday we maybe get lucky if Philly (who had a big win against Pitt and has a divisional game with the redskins in 2 weeks) have a let down.

Our defense at times have looked great early in games setting the tone, getting turnovers leaving our offense in great field position. Tampa made adjustments to what the bears were throwing at them. One was finding weak spots and weak links.

The spots were quick slants and after beating us over the head all game with that they went to double moves and went up top late in the game. I don't know if playing soft corners was in the game plan but but at least change up once in awhile.

Weak links were a inexperienced safety Payne and Hilli (slow as heinze ketchup) who made Stevens look like all pros Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates. Stevens made some key grabs at the right times. We have to let Payne learn and grow but maybe it's time for Glover or Williams to see more playing time LB.

I'm not giving the dline any excuses for not getting sacks but three step passes don't give them much time. But they can get their hands up get some deflections.

If harris is not 100% why play him at the cost of the team and his future? Indoji and Harrison seem to be adequate and more contributable at this time then Harris.

Somebody at the #2 wr spot please stand up and catch the ball (davis). If not why not see if booker or bennet can.

Is there a sping league like baseball has a winter league where we can send olsen and Kellen to learn the basics of blocking.

We can't fix the Oline this year but next year please get some major help Angelo.

Many bear fans are very protective of Kreutz but he sucks in the open field. What I saw was an old man who was late pulling for runs, screens and getting to the second level where the Lb's ran right past him.

Qb's- PLEASE! Clean house and start fresh

I might have called it a building season, but things haven't gone exactly has planned.

I believed the staff felt we had a D and STs that could dominate, allowing for the O to work through issues, develop and build. Well, I would argue the offense is doing just that. Forte is in the lead for ROY. Orton, while far from great, is developing IMHO. The OL has been inconsistent, which is to be expected.

The problem is, the D has not lived up to its billing, and instead of the O being in a position to work through a developmental process, they are being asked to win games. That was not part of the plan, and is a big reason why we are 1-2. While we all want more from the O, I think we are getting as much as could have been expected, if not more. But the D is falling far short of expectation, and thus a losing record.

If I recall correctly, both nfo and I called this season a quasi-rebuild and we pretty much got blasted for thinking that... Things could still change, but it certainly appears we were onto something.

I hear you, but wonder how much we are "developing" which is a key in any building/re-building process.

On defense, we are playing mostly veterans, so I don't think we are building there.

On offense is where we should be expecting the development and building, but are we even in position for such?

QB and RB are two positions I think we are (a) in position to develop and (B) showing signs of development, though far more so at the RB position w/ Forte.

But....

At WR, are we developing? We are playing a trio of vets in Davis, Lloyd and Booker while Bennett and Bradley sit. I am far from a Bradley fan, but if we are in a developmental mode, should we not be playing our young receivers more? Heck, I don't think Bennett was even active for the last game.

At TE, Olsen is playing more, but is he developing? And where is Kellen Davis? I know some believe he is over-hyped, but the point is, if we are trying to build and develop, should we not be taking more looks at him.

At OL, we lost out on a big opportunity for development when Williams went down. We are playing Beekman, but I wonder for how long. It would not shock me if we saw Metcalf inserted before long.

I just don't see a ton of development on offense, and I am not sure how much of the offense we see today will be part of our offense tomorrow.

Agreed that the circumstances are now slightly different, if not almost opposite. (D supposed to be good, running game questionable)... Overall, I just don't get a sense that this team is going up...

I might have called it a building season, but things haven't gone exactly has planned.

I believed the staff felt we had a D and STs that could dominate, allowing for the O to work through issues, develop and build. Well, I would argue the offense is doing just that. Forte is in the lead for ROY. Orton, while far from great, is developing IMHO. The OL has been inconsistent, which is to be expected.

The problem is, the D has not lived up to its billing, and instead of the O being in a position to work through a developmental process, they are being asked to win games. That was not part of the plan, and is a big reason why we are 1-2. While we all want more from the O, I think we are getting as much as could have been expected, if not more. But the D is falling far short of expectation, and thus a losing record.

We are only really developing a RB and one OL (Beekman)...you can argue Orton too.

I hear you, but wonder how much we are "developing" which is a key in any building/re-building process.

On defense, we are playing mostly veterans, so I don't think we are building there.

On offense is where we should be expecting the development and building, but are we even in position for such?

QB and RB are two positions I think we are (a) in position to develop and (B) showing signs of development, though far more so at the RB position w/ Forte.

But....

At WR, are we developing? We are playing a trio of vets in Davis, Lloyd and Booker while Bennett and Bradley sit. I am far from a Bradley fan, but if we are in a developmental mode, should we not be playing our young receivers more? Heck, I don't think Bennett was even active for the last game.

At TE, Olsen is playing more, but is he developing? And where is Kellen Davis? I know some believe he is over-hyped, but the point is, if we are trying to build and develop, should we not be taking more looks at him.

At OL, we lost out on a big opportunity for development when Williams went down. We are playing Beekman, but I wonder for how long. It would not shock me if we saw Metcalf inserted before long.

I just don't see a ton of development on offense, and I am not sure how much of the offense we see today will be part of our offense tomorrow.