2 players to add?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

2 questions:

If you were starting a team and you could only take 2 players off the Bears (no other teams), who would they be? Can be 1 offense, 1 defense, 2 defense, or 2 offense.

If you could add any 2 current players to the current Bears roster, who would they be? Can be 1 offense, 1 defense, 2 defense, or 2 offense.

Mine would be:

1. Forte and Briggs

2. Logan Mankins (OG, New England, 26 years old) and Troy Polamalu (S, Steelers, 27 years old).

This is like Madden! Love it!

1. Urlacher and Olsen. I hate passing on Forte...but I feel as thought there are many backs that can have an impact. I still think Urlacehr is tops, and he's just being used poorly by Babich.

2. Peyton Manning and Polamalu. I'm with you on Polamalu...he almost should be a Bear! I just think pound for pound, dollar for dollar, year for year, Manning is the tops...

2 questions:

If you were starting a team and you could only take 2 players off the Bears (no other teams), who would they be? Can be 1 offense, 1 defense, 2 defense, or 2 offense.

If you could add any 2 current players to the current Bears roster, who would they be? Can be 1 offense, 1 defense, 2 defense, or 2 offense.

Mine would be:

1. Forte and Briggs

2. Logan Mankins (OG, New England, 26 years old) and Troy Polamalu (S, Steelers, 27 years old).

Supposing age factors in, then Orton (most important positon and extremely hard to fill the QB need via FA or draft) and Dvoracek (Tommie and Url are too big a risk with their age and/or injuries). Briggs isn't playing that well right now. Dvoracek has been the best player on defense so far from what I've been hearing. Olin's "coach on the field" status makes him valuable even when he's not having his best day man up with the guy across from scrimmage, but like Urlacher, he's aging. Otherwise, you'd want to build an offensive line around a guy like that. If I didn't take Dusty I'd probably take Tillman or Urlacher. Taking Forte 7 games into his rookie season with like a 3 yard average is crazy, even if he does appear talented...unless you're really into youth. In which case my picks would still be Orton and Dusty.

Supposing age factors in, then Orton (most important positon and extremely hard to fill the QB need via FA or draft) and Dvoracek (Tommie and Url are too big a risk with their age and/or injuries). Briggs isn't playing that well right now. Dvoracek has been the best player on defense so far from what I've been hearing. Olin's "coach on the field" status makes him valuable even when he's not having his best day man up with the guy across from scrimmage, but like Urlacher, he's aging. Otherwise, you'd want to build an offensive line around a guy like that. If I didn't take Dusty I'd probably take Tillman or Urlacher. Taking Forte 7 games into his rookie season with like a 3 yard average is crazy, even if he does appear talented...unless you're really into youth. In which case my picks would still be Orton and Dusty.

1. Actually, Briggs is playing that well.

2. Payne has been our best defensive player.

Ok, whatever on Briggs. I've watched every game and I don't see it. Certainly not in terms of impact plays. He's probably not playing up to his contract and I'm glad we didn't pay him any more. But I guess he's playing better than most of the D who definitely aren't playing up to their contracts. He's nevertheless not a bad pick since Url, Tommie, Mike Brown don't seem to be their old selves yet this season.

But Payne's our best D player? That would be sad if it were true. I realize he's the stong safety and our run D has been good, and it's nice that he's got 3 picks, but one of those was tipped to him by another Bear (so the tipper gets the real credit), he's made his share of mistakes, and also he's still a defensive back on a unit that's been getting torched lately. But I'll acknowledge the D-line has contributed to the those woes.

Ok, whatever on Briggs. I've watched every game and I don't see it. Certainly not in terms of impact plays. He's probably not playing up to his contract and I'm glad we didn't pay him any more. But I guess he's playing better than most of the D who definitely aren't playing up to their contracts. He's nevertheless not a bad pick since Url, Tommie, Mike Brown don't seem to be their old selves yet this season.

But Payne's our best D player? That would be sad if it were true. I realize he's the stong safety and our run D has been good, and it's nice that he's got 3 picks, but one of those was tipped to him by another Bear (so the tipper gets the real credit), he's made his share of mistakes, and also he's still a defensive back on a unit that's been getting torched lately. But I'll acknowledge the D-line has contributed to the those woes.

He's a 2nd year player, leading the Chicago Bears in tackles, he lays some huge hits, and on Sunday he was everywhere picking up a sack and an INT. And no, that isn't sad. It's called "exciting" when you know if he can stay healthy he is going to be a very good player some day.

Kudos to you, 1st I would assume I am a GM or Owner ? I would take URL and Briggs only for the reason that these guys are playmakers but they are in a system that does not let them use all of their god given talents.

They would thrive big time with a system that would give you a different look each week that would put pressure on offenses. EX; steelers, eagles.

As for adding two players to this TEAM ? I would prefer to go offense especially at OL where Steve Hutchinson would step in at left guard and moving Beekman to the right guard. Hopefully this would spark our running game a bit. And for my second pick will be Brandon Marshall to help on our passing attack.

I'm happy Payne is doing well. Anytime a young guy (it's like his rookie year) can start it's exciting. But Danieal Manning had a good rookie season too. And forgive me if I still think it's sad hypothetically if not one of Tillman, Url, Briggs, Tommie, Vasher, Wale, Alex Brown, or Mike Brown are playing any better than him, but that's the way I feel. Really, Dvoracek has had a dropoff the last couple of weeks, reflected by stats and the line's overall poor play, so it's unfortunately tough to call who's really the most valuable in terms of talent and youth.

I'm happy Payne is doing well. Anytime a young guy (it's like his rookie year) can start it's exciting. But Danieal Manning had a good rookie season too. And forgive me if I still think it's sad hypothetically if not one of Tillman, Url, Briggs, Tommie, Vasher, Wale, Alex Brown, or Mike Brown are playing any better than him, but that's the way I feel. Really, Dvoracek has had a dropoff the last couple of weeks, reflected by stats and the line's overall poor play, so it's unfortunately tough to call who's really the most valuable in terms of talent and youth.

Did we watch the same 2006 season? Because we must have if you think Manning had a good rookie season. He was irrelevant and really didn't do anything right. And no, it's fine if you think Tillman and all them guys should be playing better but I'm not about to say it's sad.

Oh, and IMO, Dvoracek hasn't been a dropoff. If you ask me, tackles from a DT isn't a telling stat. The object for a DT is to blow up runs and force what would have been a run up the middle outside and let your LB's get a TFL, and on that note, Dusty is still doing that.

He's leading in tackles because the front 7 aren't doing their jobs...

Don't get me wrong, I love the kid. But I don't see the rosey hue you do...

He's a 2nd year player, leading the Chicago Bears in tackles, he lays some huge hits, and on Sunday he was everywhere picking up a sack and an INT. And no, that isn't sad. It's called "exciting" when you know if he can stay healthy he is going to be a very good player some day.

He's leading in tackles because the front 7 aren't doing their jobs...

Don't get me wrong, I love the kid. But I don't see the rosey hue you do...