I'm going to say it

Connorbear

Hester needs to come off kickoffs. He has 2 fumbles so far this yr and simply does not look the same.

Personally, I think he simply cannot handle all the responsibilities given to him. Leave him on punt returns but give Wolfe or Manning the kickoff duties going forward.

Peace :dabears

Hester needs to come off kickoffs. He has 2 fumbles so far this yr and simply does not look the same.

Personally, I think he simply cannot handle all the responsibilities given to him. Leave him on punt returns but give Wolfe or Manning the kickoff duties going forward.

Peace :dabears

Wouldn't we be better reducing his WR receiver duties? Today he had four catches for 42 yards.

Last year when he was more limited at WR, he was more successful.

Wouldn't we be better reducing his WR receiver duties? Today he had four catches for 42 yards.

Last year when he was more limited at WR, he was more successful.

If it meant returning him to his former glory, then for sure that would be preferrable. We've got Lloyd and Rashied and Olson healthy. We were still getting the indirect benefit of Hester on special teams as recently as a couple of weeks ago, but if something doesn't happen quickly, it won't last. Keeping that in mind, he may have been a horse collar away from taking one to the house today, and that particular run was a big gain nevertheless. I think he's probably pushing too hard to get himself a big one which keeps him from mentally taking care of the other issues like ball protection and following (trusting) his blockers.

Am i the only one who thinks his blocking hasn't been the same this year? The wedge doesn't seem to be blowing up people like they used to. Watch the return Cribbs had today and you can see how blocking can open things up so you only have to beat a couple of defenders.

Am i the only one who thinks his blocking hasn't been the same this year? The wedge doesn't seem to be blowing up people like they used to. Watch the return Cribbs had today and you can see how blocking can open things up so you only have to beat a couple of defenders.

No, I agree. Notice I said "if", but conveniently didn't add that I doubt it would make a difference. But acknowledging blocking isn't as much fun for many. I do think he's capable of better than he's been though.

Ayenbedago used to blow up huge holes in front of Hester. To say that losing him hurt Hester in the return department would be a massive understatement.

Alot of it is confidence and Hester has none right now. He doesn't run hard anymore, its all stutter stepping hoping a hole would open up for him, either that or he's playing not to fumble.. I've been really dissapointing in Hester's performance this year, he actually looks like the worst return man in the league, never thought I'd say that.. Next year were going to have to get Ayanbedejo back somehow cuz I'm all outta ideas to how this kid can perform at a high level again.