Is Lovie on the hotseat?

DaBearSox

If we fail to make the playoffs this year is Lovie canned? Or does Angelo & Co stay with him and ride the storm out...

Personally, I think Lovie is safe for another year, but Babich will be on the hotseat. Now if Lovie pulls and Jauron, and chooses to fight for Babich, that is another story. But I think Lovie gets another opportunity, while Babich goes the scapgoat route.

Now, would could make this interesting is, if players speak out more and more, and it appears Lovie has lost the team, then I wonder if he could go. I don't see it reaching that level, but after reading some of the players comments, I have to wonder. Hampton is talking on the Score about how Urlacher doesn't like the scheme. Harris, Brown, Brown and Vasher have all been starting to talk some, and yet still holding back. If all the players you are heavily invested in can't support the coaches scheme, I am not so sure you can keep the coach.

I wish he were...but I agree with your assessment.

That's like 3 for 3 nfo! Gotta be a record!

Personally, I think Lovie is safe for another year, but Babich will be on the hotseat. Now if Lovie pulls and Jauron, and chooses to fight for Babich, that is another story. But I think Lovie gets another opportunity, while Babich goes the scapgoat route.

Now, would could make this interesting is, if players speak out more and more, and it appears Lovie has lost the team, then I wonder if he could go. I don't see it reaching that level, but after reading some of the players comments, I have to wonder. Hampton is talking on the Score about how Urlacher doesn't like the scheme. Harris, Brown, Brown and Vasher have all been starting to talk some, and yet still holding back. If all the players you are heavily invested in can't support the coaches scheme, I am not so sure you can keep the coach.

No, not before any of the coaches. Lovie is safe for another year unless we collapse and lose all our remaining games.. Babich is the only one on the hot seat IMO.

I agree that the team would have to totally implode for Lovie to worry about his job. Even then, I don't see Angelo firing him this year since he's signed through 2011.

It would be a slap in Lovie's face to fire Babich, but that may happen if the D doesn't turn itself around. Especially since Marinelli is almost certainly going to be fired after this season, and Lovie originally wanted him in Chicago.