THIS TEAM REST ON ITS LAURELS TOO MUCH!!!!!

madlithuanian

I know BEARSDABOMB, Butkus, and a few other posters have touched on this...

But it looks painfully obvious that this Bears team under Smith (and Angelo) seem to rest on their laurels.

THey are all going about saying they are better than what we saw, that they are vets,yadda yadda yadda.

Bottom line, that was then, this is now...and this is now started last season.

This D is bad. Not even medicore. Bad. Only Mike Brown seems man enough to admit to such.

I know BEARSDABOMB, Butkus, and a few other posters have touched on this...

But it looks painfully obvious that this Bears team under Smith (and Angelo) seem to rest on their laurels.

THey are all going about saying they are better than what we saw, that they are vets,yadda yadda yadda.

Bottom line, that was then, this is now...and this is now started last season.

This D is bad. Not even medicore. Bad. Only Mike Brown seems man enough to admit to such.

I think it's a good example of the "trickle down" effect. Lovie continues to say we'll do better, that the system ain't broke, that the personnel is very good. What is "trickling down" is the season into the drain. Lovie is a defensive coach. Come on, Lovie, we've been geeting mauled week-in and week-out. First by the pass and then by the run. Earn your $ and show some backbone! :bringit

Agreed!

I think it's a good example of the "trickle down" effect. Lovie continues to say we'll do better, that the system ain't broke, that the personnel is very good. What is "trickling down" is the season into the drain. Lovie is a defensive coach. Come on, Lovie, we've been geeting mauled week-in and week-out. First by the pass and then by the run. Earn your $ and show some backbone! :bringit

They were a top defense 2 years ago and for many years before...

Basically before Babich.

Everything that led up to the SB...

They think they are all that still.

You can argue maybe they were never that...but it was somewhat a common perception that the Bears were one of the best defenses in the league 2 years ago and before.

" But it looks painfully obvious that this Bears team under Smith (and Angelo) seem to rest on their laurels"

Laurels? What laurels? That would imply they've actually done something.

It does appear that the team continues on with its plans regardless of reality, ie a cover 2 scheme everyone seems to feel does not really work and a roster full of guys with big names and no production. Url, Harris, Vasher, Tillman, haven't been right for the last year at least and they seem to be going downhill further. We may have to build from the ground up with new players, and the scheme/coaching might be in the same boat. I feel very sure that there are some overpaid "superster" players that will either get the axe or have a forced salary cut this off season if things continue to go this way, and I hope that the coaching has the same scrutiny. How can everyone feel Babich isn't getting it done except for Lovie????????

2 years ago Rivera was the DC. But proved more popular then Lovie so off he went. He was labled as not good enough for lovie, well he was so bad San Diego fired thier DC and moved Chico into it. Give Chico next year in camp and I bet SD has a top 5 D.

Well, they'll also be getting that Merriman dude back. They will make a good jump on D regardless of their coach.