Mock Fun: NFL Draft Countdown

Iguana

you can tell it's a week old since they have us picking at 22.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

22 CHICAGO BEARS: DARRIUS HEYWARD-BEY, WR, MARYLAND

darriusheywardbey.jpg

Scouting Report

With Kyle Orton emerging as a capable starting quarterback the Bears won't be locked into taking a signal caller with this pick and are now free to look in another direction. Even though Orton, Devin Hester and Matthew Forté have darriusheywardbey.jpg outperformed expectations and given the Bears offense some punch this year they could still use at least one more playmaker in the passing game. The fact that journeymen like Brandon Lloyd and Marty Booker are playing key roles really tells you everything you need to know about the Bears receiving corps and they need to add someone who can eventually be a true #1 target. The University of Maryland has a reputation for producing pro prospects with excellent workout numbers and Darrius Heyward-Bey is no exception, running a reported 4.3 forty at 6-3 and 206 lbs. Heyward-Bey isn’t a finished product and will likely require some development but that patience could pay off in a big way down the line. The other main considerations here would probably be offensive line or maybe even cornerback but it would be hard to fault them for trying to give that offense a shot in the arm by going with a top pass catcher such as "DHB".

Though, Duke Robinson is there, you have to take serious consideration in taking him. Or Taylor Mays would be damn sweet too. I'm not sure we need another raw WR to develop. I have little faith that the Bears can develop any WR.

Interesting they have MAUALUGA at 11 and LAURINAITIS at 10. I wouldnt be upset with either of those considering appearent the decline of Url.

Here's a crazy idea....sign Max Starks and plug him in at RT and draft Duke to play LG. Beeker and Buenning can battle for RG and loser is the future C when Olin is done

I like your Starks idea!

you can tell it's a week old since they have us picking at 22.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Though, Duke Robinson is there, you have to take serious consideration in taking him. Or Taylor Mays would be damn sweet too. I'm not sure we need another raw WR to develop. I have little faith that the Bears can develop any WR.

Interesting they have MAUALUGA at 11 and LAURINAITIS at 10. I wouldnt be upset with either of those considering appearent the decline of Url.

Here's a crazy idea....sign Max Starks and plug him in at RT and draft Duke to play LG. Beeker and Buenning can battle for RG and loser is the future C when Olin is done

#1- we'll have the 16th pick or so. With the way our team has performed and how it seems like there is tough times between the players right now, I think we'll only win 2 or 3 more games.

#2- I'll throw something if we take Bey. He's a good WR, but some mocks say he could last until the early 2nd, and I've already said how I feel about first year WR's. We need to go out and sign or trade for a proven #1 (Housh, Boldin) then surround them with some talent (Davis, Hester, etc).

#1- we'll have the 16th pick or so. With the way our team has performed and how it seems like there is tough times between the players right now, I think we'll only win 2 or 3 more games.

#2- I'll throw something if we take Bey. He's a good WR, but some mocks say he could last until the early 2nd, and I've already said how I feel about first year WR's. We need to go out and sign or trade for a proven #1 (Housh, Boldin) then surround them with some talent (Davis, Hester, etc).

Completely agree about signing a WR. My half assed plan.

sign Housh

sign Starks

Draft Duke Robinson