Orton shuttle pass to Forte

nfoligno

I thought Kyle would never be more than a game manager but I think he could be much more. Never an all pro but very good. They need to get him a #1 receiver. Hester will never be more than a good #2. Davis a #4. Booker and Lloyd can both go.

I can understand why some would have thought Kyle would never make it, but to assume he'd make it but suggest his ceiling would be low doestn' make sense to me. He's a smart, 6'4" guy with good pocket presence and a big arm. Why would you have ever thought his ceiling was low? His release not fast enough or his lack of foot speed? Too much of the partying and Jack?

My original predictions regarding Hester as a WR were not particularly accurate. I clearly remember thinking it'd take years for him to be more than backup quality because of the learning curve on route running, hands, playbook, defense reads (yeah, even though he played D), etc. and instead he's vastly exceeding my expectations, though he's still got a ways to go. The point is that his ceiling is super high, so don't count him out in only his second season ever at WR. I also think the press has made a soap opera out of Lloyd that the fans shouldn't buy into. He's been nothing but of good character since he got here, so if Lovie and Turner do to him what they did to Mark Bradley, they ought to be ashamed. The coaches owe it to the rest of the team to put talent out there, not to serve their own egos just because some of their players can think for themselves. Which is a perfect segue into Booker, who chose not sit after injuring himself...

W.r.t. Booker, I made a post reply a week ago wondering which guys were playing hurt but not talking about it. Turns out Booker was one of them. I guess the cynic would still think it's just an attempt at an excuse. Time will tell. He had one big play a few weeks ago where he even showed his age of 32 hadn't slowed his top speed down.