Madden 09 updates

BearFan2000

solved the issue. There seems to be no way to do it other than thru Xbox Live I temporarily moved my DSL modem to the room where my 360 is and connected it and got it to work. Signed up for a trial gold membership, went to quick match and before I could play it had me download the game updates. All good now. I'm going to get one of those wireless adapters for the 360 and should be good as gold.

Played a few games online won 1 and lost 2 the second or third one I got blown out by the pats 41-0 the jerk I was playing was running up the score. Already up by a bunch he would onside kick and use no huddle, timeouts, and getting out of bounds to score a few late TD's. Darn near pulled the plug on the game it was no fun anymore. I haven't gotten the feel for Madden 09 last version I had was 06 on the old Xbox. So challenging people online as a way of playing your first games probably not a good idea.

By the way my id or whatever it's called on Xbox live is the same as here but shortened "BF2K"

solved the issue. There seems to be no way to do it other than thru Xbox Live I temporarily moved my DSL modem to the room where my 360 is and connected it and got it to work. Signed up for a trial gold membership, went to quick match and before I could play it had me download the game updates. All good now. I'm going to get one of those wireless adapters for the 360 and should be good as gold.

Played a few games online won 1 and lost 2 the second or third one I got blown out by the pats 41-0 the jerk I was playing was running up the score. Already up by a bunch he would onside kick and use no huddle, timeouts, and getting out of bounds to score a few late TD's. Darn near pulled the plug on the game it was no fun anymore. I haven't gotten the feel for Madden 09 last version I had was 06 on the old Xbox. So challenging people online as a way of playing your first games probably not a good idea.

By the way my id or whatever it's called on Xbox live is the same as here but shortened "BF2K"

Playing online is a lot different than playing people in the room with you. it takes a while to get used to. I cant stand playing people like you described wither. Its just annoying.

What's the differences between the types of games. I chose quick match and unranked but there's a lot of variety in game types. The first game I was playing the cowboys and the guy dropped out of the game. Second game was against the Colts and it was scoreless till the 4th quarter and the final score was something like 10-3. I must admit one day into xbox live and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the choices. It also updated my xbox so now my dashboard looks way different. I was just getting used to the old one. I'm sure the opponent that was running up the score smelled blood and realized I was new at it and took advantage of that. Were the shoe on the other foot I would have stopped pouring it on once the game was out of reach 28-0 mid to late 3rd quarter when quarters are only 5 min would make me just try and kill the clock and end the game.

When you go online do you have the option of picking a game to join or are the players on both ends selecting a game and xbox live searches from the players who are looking for an opponent like yourself. One thing I have found is that I need to spend some time in the practice mode for a while till I get the hang of it I suck right now since I haven't touched a Madden game for more than 2 years. Either that or play online as the Lions LOL. I have found some good tutorials on Youtube on reading defenses and running the ball that are pretty in depth.

Having only a defensive tackle's background I know next to nothing about reading defenses pre-snap or during the play. I find myself throwing picks or getting sacked regularly. I know I tend to hold onto the ball too long and wait too long to throw to an open receiver. Running the ball is hit and miss so far. I've broken of some big runs but but have had more than my share of runs stuffed in the backfield. One thing that hasn't changed is that no matter how well your doing in a game that when the game is on the line the CPU has an uncanny ability to come up with a series of breaks that they need to win and there's no point in challenging you will never win a challenge, ever. Another curious thing is that the spot of the ball always favors the CPU. I can tackle the back in the backfield on first down and it will be second and 10 from the same spot, yet if I get tackled in the backfield it's at least 2nd and 11 or 2nd and 12. They have fixed the punt returning somewhat it is less common to fumble as you get nailed the moment the ball arrives (with no halo penalty) however it's still difficult to get any return yardage whatsoever unless they are in max protect and their gunners are inside the formation. The QB sneak on 3rd or 4th and 1 or less is unrealistic. Normally it's a battle to push for the first I've yet to gain less than 4 or 5 yards with it. That should be much more difficult to pick up than that. The sprint trigger doesn't seem to help much till your in the open field which makes sense since that's usually when a back or receiver shifts into that second gear. Using it before that makes it too easy to outrun your blockers.

www.vsngaming.com that is the best place to go for Madden updates

Seems that all you can find online is a list of the transactions, and player rating changes, etc. Not an actual file to download and apply to the the Xbox 360.

Not a problem though as I have Xbox live now and have ordered a 12 month + 1 card along with the wireless network adapter. I didn't like the idea of running network wiring under my crawl space. I will say this though playing online against real people is kind of addicting.

Only cons are you run into guys who don't finish, or lately I've seen guys who on offense just drop way back and run around then lob the ball downfield. Usually I either knock it down, get the sack or pick it off. They also never punt or kick the field goal they go for it on 4th down always even if it's like 4th and 30/40. They also rarely kick off normally but instead onsides kick.

I'd much rather play people who take it seriously and actually play the game like you would an actual game. I always look for a realistic experience there are guys out there who play that way just sucks when you get into a game and some idiot plays the way I mentioned above. I've only been online twice as it's a bit of a hassle to move the modem to the other room and hook it up just to play live.

I'd like to build a friends list of people from this board my gamertag is BF2K