Bear's draft projections at this time last year

bradjock

Last year around this time, most of the experts pre-drafts had us taking QB Andre Woodson at this time. Of course, by the time the draft rolled around:

1. We'd already given new contracts to Kyle Orton AND Rex Grossman making the idea of drafting a QB at #14 improbable.

2. Andre Woodson had been bad enough in the combine that he slipped to the 6th round. How the hell does a guy go from being projected at #14 overall to #198???

While I can't wait for the April 25-26th draft, I just wanted to rant for a moment that I hate all the pre-combine speculation . . . and I'm bored and pissed that the Vikings are winning in the second quarter.

Last year around this time, most of the experts pre-drafts had us taking QB Andre Woodson at this time. Of course, by the time the draft rolled around:

1. We'd already given new contracts to Kyle Orton AND Rex Grossman making the idea of drafting a QB at #14 improbable.

2. Andre Woodson had been bad enough in the combine that he slipped to the 6th round. How the hell does a guy go from being projected at #14 overall to #198???

While I can't wait for the April 25-26th draft, I just wanted to rant for a moment that I hate all the pre-combine speculation . . . and I'm bored and pissed that the Vikings are winning in the second quarter.

well get over being pissed the Queens lost!!!

Great point, which is exactly why mock drafts right now are nothing more than just for people's enjoyment. I mean, a lot of mocks have Michael Oher falling to mid/late 1st round, and Dan Pompei's recent mock didn't even have Oher in the 1st round. Hell, just a few months ago this guy was being as a Top 5 pick, maybe even #1.

That said, I hope he does fall b/c I would love the Bears to take this kid and solidify the tackle spot for the next 10 years. As much as I want a DE in the 1st round, if a player of his magnitude were to fall, we'd have to take him. Anyway, I can't figure out why Oher is falling. He is playing great - run blocking and pass blocking - and yet he's falling. Sometimes I just don't get these "experts." However, after the combine, I have a feeling we won't be talking about Oher as a possibility to fall to us anymore.