Thoughts on the Senior Bowl

AZ54

Random thoughts from watching the Senior Bowl

QBs...

Graham Harrel flat out sucks and won't get drafted. I don't think I've ever seen a QB with a weaker arm, not even in high school.

Rhett Bomar looked ok at times, seems to have enough arm strength to play in the league and showed some decent athleticism, his accuracy was way off on some plays. Comments like this in an interview make me think he "doesn't get it" and will drop below where his athleticism would put him:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/interviews/R...Rhett-Bomar.php

"Scott Wright: When scouts and NFL decision makers inevitably ask you about your time with the Sooners how are you going to explain the situation to them?

Rhett Bomar: I’ll explain it to them. I don’t want to get into it right now but it’s not going to be as big of a deal as everybody says. They don’t care that much and it was a long time ago. It’s nothing that hasn’t gone on at a lot of places… It’s just a thing that happened and I’ve moved on. If I have to answer questions I’ll do that but I don’t think it’s going to be that big of a deal in the long run."

John Parker Wilson...looks like he has the physical tools but accuracy isn't always there. I'd be ok if we spent a later round pick on him.

Nate Bowman...interesting player, seemed to have that leadership on the field and ability to just get the job done. Nothing great athletically but worth a late round pick.

Pat White...too small but other than that he has the tools. I like the way he handles himself on the field but don't draft him.

Cullen Harper...don't even remember seeing him play.

WR...

Robiskie looked good but I didn't see anything that made me say get him with our first Rd pick, ok to use our 2nd Rd pick on him.

I really like Mike Thomas from UofArizona. I've watched him play all year and I think he'd be a great slot guy plus his return ability. Problem is he is not what we need (small WR/returner) so pass on him. Somebody will get a good football player when they draft him.

Oline...

Oher looked ok but doesn't seem to hold his blocks long enough to really finish off a guy. He did show some good mobility though. Seemed to give up the edge a bit at times but recovered enough to prevent a sack, however, that makes me wonder if he'll really hold that in the NFL. I still like the guy but he didn't seem like a dominating top 5 pick in what I saw.

Herman Johnson is just huge and that alone can help you look good in college. How would he look against Philadelphia's pass rush?

Levitre didn't look good at times.

For all the Oline I always feel they have a disadvantage vs. the Dline because learning new plays and new QB cadence is harder on them than a defense.

Robiske and Iglesias both played well.

I had Robiske going in rd 3 before the Senior Bowl. Now I see him going in rd 2.

Iglesias was impressive as well and should go in rd 2 as well.

The guard play of both teams looked good. Looked to me as if this draft has some quality guards. BEARS need to draft one.