Bulls are making me old before my time

BearFan2000

It feels like it was ages ago that game 6 started.... This has been a hell of a series. There has been a total of 35 min of OT played. Four games going to OT. I would totally LMAO of the Bulls were to blow out game 7 lol. Just once can the Bulls win one in some kind of normal conventional fashion... like I don't know... regulation? I'm in my early thirties and not quite the picture of health, my heart can't take much more of this. I do want to survive to see the Bears play this year. Take away the game three Boston blowout win, every game has come down to the last play... often times coming down to the last play several times in the same game... lol. Go Bulls.

I sure thought that the Refs were doing all they could to hand this one to Boston and to think the game was in Chicago. Rondo should have been tossed the guy is a punk. I'd have been tempted to send in a scrub to egg him on (the way Rodman would egg on Frank Brichouski in the 96 finals) and force the refs to toss him. Apparently you can hit someone one night resulting in stitches and it's just a foul. The next game you can then trow someone into the scorers table and take a swing at them and not get tossed. I'm glad the Bulls won despite this but they also won despite themselves. Two straight games they had a double digit lead with 7 min left in reg, twice you squander that lead and end up in a multiple OT dogfight. I started to write them off when that 12 point lead turned into an 8 pt deficit with around 3 min remaining. Surrendering a 20 point swing in the closing min of a game that is do or die is inexcusable. The team is young but still when you got them down on the ropes you don't let up. That said what a hell of a job to never quit. There were so many times that this team could have gave up. This young Bulls team is showing a lot of resiliency. Who ever survives this series is going to be exhausted come round two.

you homer...the Bulls are too young and that is why they lost game 7 to the veteran Boston Celtics. When they were up against the wall, they turned the ball over and made stupid fouls in the 4th qtr. The refs were horrible in this series but i am not quite sure that is was in favor of the Celtics...i guess it depends on what color glasses you are wearing.

People in glass houses... ;)

I think all of us can say that the Bulls surprised us. I thought they would get swept even With KG on the bench. The young Bulls showed alot of heart and moxie. I think you're right that eventually experience won out. But, the Bulls can take pride they pushed a very good team to the limits and showed that they deserved to be there and can compete with the best of 'em. I'm sure changes will be made, but it does look like a nice upswing for Chicago.

you homer...

I think there will be improvement next year. (At least I hope so!) But I also think the roster will change up. Something tells me Gordon will be gone and that if the right offer came in, so could Deng.

dont forget you guys will get Dang back next year to add to the team...he will greatly improve an already good team

losing those two would suck as Gordon and Rose make a pretty damn good back court that can shoot the hell out of the ball. You need Deng back next year imo. Boozer might be available for a replacement. I think some guy name King James might be had for the right price as well

#23's are always welcome!

losing those two would suck as Gordon and Rose make a pretty damn good back court that can shoot the hell out of the ball. You need Deng back next year imo. Boozer might be available for a replacement. I think some guy name King James might be had for the right price as well

I'm sorta on the fence about Deng and Gordon. There was a time when really liked them but Deng seems too miss a lot of time. And Ben can be an offensive black hole who hasn't quite got the concept of passing the ball or playing defense. When he's on he's lights out but when he's not he's a liability since he just keeps jacking up shots and not passing the ball. Deng has a lot of talent but I question if he has enough desire. Gordon, if he dedicated himself to improving on defense and would quit being a ball hog he could be a very good all round player. Right now he's one dimensional and it's a roll of the dice whether that one dimension will help you or kill you.

The Bulls were their own worst enemy in game 7. You cannot go through stretches like that where you seemingly turn the ball over every possession. One of the flaws with this team is that they play harder and better when they are behind than when ahead. Build a double digit lead then go to the one pass and shoot offense jacking up dumb shots and not working the offense. When the lead starts to slip away they press and get sloppy. It's like they forget to keep doing what got them the lead. Throughout the series there was never once a lead that I thought was safe. They had a horrible second quarter in the last game and dug such a deep hole that they couldn't climb out of.

The refs have been bad across the board, but this is the NBA where "Inconstancy Happens". I don't have my rose colored glasses on and I did not say that the refs cost the Bulls this series or any game in it. Just pointing out they were atrocious and in game 6 it seemed like Boston was getting all the calls at critical points. But throughout the game and the series it's mostly a wash as NBA officials are just bad. The Bulls are a young team and have much to learn and so does Vinny and his staff. I think they showed a lot of heart in the series and fought the whole way There were many opportunities to fold and they would just keep fighting. I love that in a team and with a good offseason and good TC I think they can have a bright future. IMO Boston won't win their second round and I doubt the Bulls would have won the 2nd round if they'd have advanced. I think it's kinda mute since I have a hard time imagining anyone but Cleveland making it to the finals from the East.