Do we really need to look at this guy?

Wesson44

Bears | Have talked to Campbell's representatives

Comment (0)

Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:44:53 -0700

Vaughn McClure, of the Chicago Tribune, reports the Chicago Bears have had discussions with the representatives for unrestricted free-agent LB Khary Campbell (Redskins), according to a league source. It is not known how serious the talks have been.

Redskins Special-Teams Standout Rejects Contract Offer

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 30, 2009, 12:11 p.m.

Washington Redskins reserve linebacker and special-teams ace Khary Campbell has declined the team’s contract offer of a veteran minimum salary and is holding talks with other NFL teams, according to David Elfin of the Washington Times.

Per the report, Campbell, who led the Redskins in special-teams tackles over the past three seasons, has made up his mind that he’s not going to accept the offer and will be moving on.

“That wasn’t something I was going to accept,” Campbell told the Times. “And they drafted two linebackers. They did what they had to do, and I’m going to do what I have to do.”

Campbell, 30, is a former Bowling Green player who had a previous stint with the New York Jets.

He registered 13 tackles last season and a career-high 34 in 200 for the Redskins, appearing in 30 out of the past 32 regular-season games.