If we need another taget for Jay

Wesson44

The rules for signing players from another teams practice squad make the signing significant alone. You must sign them to the 53 man roster so why would Seattle waste a roster spot on a guy they didn't value?

Haas played in the PAC 10 and maybe the Seahawks scouts thought he could add something to the mix and Mike Holmgren at the time was the coach and hye has developed a WR or two in his time.

The word potential could be tied to everyone of the draft picks that all 32 teams just made.BTW keep in mind that Keenan McCardell was once a Bears' practice squad player after originally starting in Dallas' camp as UFA.

I guess I don't understand your point.

People are saying that Hass and Riddeau should have been playing and I am saying maybe they just weren't good enough.

Hass was on the Seahawks last year and couldn't see the field on a team whose had three or four injuries at the position. To me that says he wasn't good enough to play on a team who were signing FA's to play that same week.

What does McCardell have to do with the talent of Hass and Rideau?

I guess I don't understand your point.

People are saying that Hass and Riddeau should have been playing and I am saying maybe they just weren't good enough.

Hass was on the Seahawks last year and couldn't see the field on a team whose had three or four injuries at the position. To me that says he wasn't good enough to play on a team who were signing FA's to play that same week.

What does McCardell have to do with the talent of Hass and Rideau?

I couldn't agree more; Hass looked good in camp and preseason, but there's a big jump from there to being a contributor on game day. Hass was extremely productive at lower levels of competition, but it might be that he was just at his ceiling already and couldn't take the next step. The thing with the Seahawks would seem to bear that out.

With Rideau, I think the situation is a little different. He's got more raw talent than Hass, but hasn't put it together yet. He was on the active roster in 2008, but he doesn't have any special teams experience, which Hass does. The Bears are very serious about having guys prove themselves on special teams, and that probably worked against Rideau. Hass doesn't have the same excuse - he was an excellent special teamer in college. It's too bad that Hass didn't work out, but I think Rideau is still worth another look this offseason, especially as a red-zone target.

I couldn't agree more; Hass looked good in camp and preseason, but there's a big jump from there to being a contributor on game day. Hass was extremely productive at lower levels of competition, but it might be that he was just at his ceiling already and couldn't take the next step. The thing with the Seahawks would seem to bear that out.

With Rideau, I think the situation is a little different. He's got more raw talent than Hass, but hasn't put it together yet. He was on the active roster in 2008, but he doesn't have any special teams experience, which Hass does. The Bears are very serious about having guys prove themselves on special teams, and that probably worked against Rideau. Hass doesn't have the same excuse - he was an excellent special teamer in college. It's too bad that Hass didn't work out, but I think Rideau is still worth another look this offseason, especially as a red-zone target.

I agree. I also think that if Riddeau doesn't make the next step this year and earn a spot, he will be gone.

I agree. I also think that if Riddeau doesn't make the next step this year and earn a spot, he will be gone.

Yeah, definitely. The Bears have a glut of young receivers trying to step up, and I think if Rideau can't prove himself in 2009 or transform into a special teams ace, he's going to be out. I definitely think he's worth a look, though. Last preseason he looked like a legitimate red-zone target - he showed that he can win a jump ball with a DB draped all over him.