Bears site gives Forte some love

defiantgiant

From chicagobears.com:

"Looking back at the 2008 season, it seems Matt Forte got a whole lot of first downs for the Bears. How many first downs did Matt Forte pick up and where did that rank in the NFL?"

Robin

San Juan, Puerto Rico

"Matt Forte tied for the NFL lead with 86 first downs, matching Washington’s Clinton Portis and Atlanta’s Michael Turner. Forte had 63 rushing first downs, and his 23 receiving first downs were surpassed only by Jacksonville’s Maurice Jones-Drew among NFL running backs. On third downs, Forte led the NFL with 28 first downs overall and 19 first downs rushing."

For my own part, it seemed like every time I saw Forte run the ball last season, he was getting us a first down. Even though the Bears' offense as a unit stalled a fair amount, it's nice to see Forte get some recognition. After all, this is a rookie who was tied for the most first downs in the league, second among running backs for most receiving first downs, and best in the league at getting it done on third down - I can't wait to see what he does in 2009.

I love Forte!

:dabears

From chicagobears.com:

"Looking back at the 2008 season, it seems Matt Forte got a whole lot of first downs for the Bears. How many first downs did Matt Forte pick up and where did that rank in the NFL?"

Robin

San Juan, Puerto Rico

"Matt Forte tied for the NFL lead with 86 first downs, matching Washington’s Clinton Portis and Atlanta’s Michael Turner. Forte had 63 rushing first downs, and his 23 receiving first downs were surpassed only by Jacksonville’s Maurice Jones-Drew among NFL running backs. On third downs, Forte led the NFL with 28 first downs overall and 19 first downs rushing."

For my own part, it seemed like every time I saw Forte run the ball last season, he was getting us a first down. Even though the Bears' offense as a unit stalled a fair amount, it's nice to see Forte get some recognition. After all, this is a rookie who was tied for the most first downs in the league, second among running backs for most receiving first downs, and best in the league at getting it done on third down - I can't wait to see what he does in 2009.