Greg Olsen

VenomSox

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?po...;name=dickerson

Bears tight end Greg Olsen paid a visit to ESPN's First Take on Friday and hit on several key topics -- the biggest being the team's depth at wide receiver.

"I know there are a lot of names there that most people don't recognize, but I really believe that those guys are going to have a good season," Olsen said. "Obviously Devin [Hester], everyone knows about Devin and what he's been able to do. I think he's going to surprise some people. What he was able to do this off-season and the way he looked in OTA's and minicamp, I think he looks like a top-tier receiver. Some of those young guys, Earl [bennett], and obviously Rashied [Davis] is a veteran who's played for a while, and some of those rookies we drafted, so I think we've got a lot of guys who are going to surprise some people."

As for the never-ending speculation/hope that Bears management will make a move to bring in another wideout, Olsen declined to lobby for another player to be added to the mix.

"I don't think it's out of the question but I think right now the management -- as do the coaches and the players -- feel pretty confident with the team we have right now going into training camp," Olsen said." I think we're confident that if these are the guys we have for Game 1. I think we're pretty confident that we have a chance to be successful."

Switching to the defensive side of the ball, Olsen marveled at Brian Urlacher's offseason, saying he anticipates a big year out of the middle linebacker.

"I think he's trying to show people he can get back into his true mold," Olsen said. "He wasn't coming off any injuries this year, you know he had the neck and the back and I think that set him back in his offseason training, but I think he's back in his old mold. He's bigger, he's stronger, he looks like he's 25 again. I think he's going to go back to being the dominant force that he was for us, and I think that people are going to be real excited to see him this year."

IMHO we really don't need another WR in the mix if Turner uses what we got right now with some creativity. Red zone is a no brainer to use both the tallest WR/TE on the team ( Olsen 6'5/Davis at 6'7) in the two TE formation with Hester out wide and mabye Rideau if he makes it. Then you have the speed passing game( 4 WR) With Hester, Knox on the outside with Bennett/Daivs/Iglesias in the slots. We can create alot on mismatches this year.

I have a feeling this group could very well surprise a lot of people us included. We've shuffled guys in and out of the system year after year with limited success but now that we have a QB like Cutler I believe he can make them all better. When the QB is is ok or average he needs the other 10 guys around him to be good for him to be good when you have an all pro caliber QB he can make the other 10 guys look better. I see Cutler as that kind of guy who will make his teammates better and will give us a much more realistic perspective of how our current group of WR's are.

I think our Offense will be better than last year, but I do not think that will be the main reason we go to the SB this year (and yes, I do believe we will take the NFC Title). I think it will be our defense and STs that will take us to another chance to win the Big One. I think we will have a top 5 D and the number 1 STs squad this year. Urlacher will return to Pro Bowl form. Marinelli will have our front 4 kicking butt and taking no prisoners. Manning is going to be an enormous weapon on KO returns. Our Offense will improve, but not just because of Cutler. Our OL will be greatly improved. Our running game will be more effective with a great 1-2 combo of Forte & Jones. Hester will be in his second year as a full time WR and will continue to improve like he showed in the last few games of 2008. Greg Olsen is going to have a monster year. I am predicting a 12-4 season and undefeated in Post Season Play.