Zack Bowman

Wesson44

No question we need DBs, but I would point out we also are in serious need of DL. Wale will be an UFA, and I doubt we keep him. Brown is really little more than average. Anderson is a wild card, but I have no seen enough yet to give me a ton of confidence. Inside, we have Harris, but can we count on him? Harrison is always talked about, but I just have not seen enough, and the rest are not much more than average.

Secondary is a need, but so is DL.

And Bowman left again with hamstring tightness. I love the guy, but he's never healthy. If we don't go FS-CB or vice versa with our 2nd-3rd round picks next year...uh oh...

No question we need DBs, but I would point out we also are in serious need of DL. Wale will be an UFA, and I doubt we keep him. Brown is really little more than average. Anderson is a wild card, but I have no seen enough yet to give me a ton of confidence. Inside, we have Harris, but can we count on him? Harrison is always talked about, but I just have not seen enough, and the rest are not much more than average.

Secondary is a need, but so is DL.

Yeah, I really hope that Melton and Gilbert turn into decent players, because the second-rounder we traded to get the two of them could have been Sean Smith. I haven't seen Melton at all this preseason, aside from that one kick return. Gilbert hasn't looked very impressive when he's been on the field. Maybe they can kick him outside to DE, but he doesn't look like he can get much push up the middle. Toeaina looks more disruptive on the interior line than Gilbert, thus far.

DL is a problem, but not as glaring a problem as the secondary. At the very least, there's significant quality depth behind the starters. Idonije, Harrison, and Adams are all guys who I'd be comfortable giving a lot of snaps to. That said, if I were Jerry Angelo, I'd be taking a serious look at Corey Williams. The Browns are rumored to be shopping him for cheap, because he's crap as a 3-4 end. The last time he played 4-3 DT, though, he had back-to-back 7-sack seasons. He'd give a MAJOR boost to our d-line. A line that went Wale-Harris-Williams-Brown/Anderson would be pretty legit.

Great points...

I do want to see a lot of rotation this season. It'd be nice to see Gilbert and hopefully Melton (if not on IR) get in the mix and cause some trouble. And it'd be nice to see Anderson learn from marinelli and become a legit starter...

I do think Ogun will be gone after this season...

Guest TerraTor
And Bowman left again with hamstring tightness. I love the guy, but he's never healthy. If we don't go FS-CB or vice versa with our 2nd-3rd round picks next year...uh oh...

Thats what happens when you continuously draft injury-prone history players

Guest TerraTor
Yeah, I really hope that Melton and Gilbert turn into decent players, because the second-rounder we traded to get the two of them could have been Sean Smith. I haven't seen Melton at all this preseason, aside from that one kick return. Gilbert hasn't looked very impressive when he's been on the field. Maybe they can kick him outside to DE, but he doesn't look like he can get much push up the middle. Toeaina looks more disruptive on the interior line than Gilbert, thus far.

DL is a problem, but not as glaring a problem as the secondary. At the very least, there's significant quality depth behind the starters. Idonije, Harrison, and Adams are all guys who I'd be comfortable giving a lot of snaps to. That said, if I were Jerry Angelo, I'd be taking a serious look at Corey Williams. The Browns are rumored to be shopping him for cheap, because he's crap as a 3-4 end. The last time he played 4-3 DT, though, he had back-to-back 7-sack seasons. He'd give a MAJOR boost to our d-line. A line that went Wale-Harris-Williams-Brown/Anderson would be pretty legit.

why would anyone want a 6'4 200+ Corner when u can have guys like trumain mcbride and dj moore at 5'9 and slow