DE Joe Clermond

WR Eric Peterman

CB Rod Hood

WR Brandon Rideau

LB Kevin Malast

Per Brad Briggs. http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/09/up...bears_play.html

From the suntimes.

Bears inform veteran offensive lineman Dan Buenning he is cut

By Brad Biggson September 4, 2009 1:27 PM | Permalink | Comments (3) | TrackBacks (0)

The Bears have informed veteran offensive lineman Dan Buenning, who they traded for at this point last year, that he will be released.

This move likely increases the chance that seventh-round pick Lance Louis will make the team. Louis was used at left tackle during training camp and preseason but probably projects as a guard.

The Bears have also informed center Donovan Raiola, a college teammate of Buenning's at Wisconsin, that he will be placed on waivers. There is a chance Raiola could return on the practice squad.

UPDATED: The Bears have also informed fullback Jason Davis he will be released.

UPDATED II: The Bears have also informed defensive end Joe Clermond he will be released. He could also return on the practice squad.

Does anyone really think either Rideau or Aromashodu are getting picked up by another team? I sure don't. I'm not sure it makes much difference who stays on the active roster cause the other one will be on the PS.

Rideau is not eligeble for PS anymore. Not sure about DA.

Guest TerraTor
Stupid move to let Brandon Rideau go. Davis isn't even that great of a special teams player either. Why not just load up on project WR's in Rideau AND Aromashodu as opposed to going with a man with stone hands who all he has is a little more experience in Rashied Davis?

Rideau looked like the most confused and slowest player on the field. However i imagine he can catch better than Sabercat Davis

At the end of the day, I think it simply comes down to this. Your bottom chart WRs have to be able to play special teams. Rideau may have more potential at WR, but he needs to step up enough to take a higher spot on the depth chart (which he didn't) or improve his special teams play.

Gotta be open to get catches.

At the end of the day, I think it simply comes down to this. Your bottom chart WRs have to be able to play special teams. Rideau may have more potential at WR, but he needs to step up enough to take a higher spot on the depth chart (which he didn't) or improve his special teams play.

Not to mention Rashied Davis might be the most polished route runner. Yes, he's had his drops, but he's had some huge plays. Iglesias will be lucky if he ever gets activated. You can only gamble with so many WR's.

Rideau has been on and off with the team for 3 consecutive off-seasons. I'll be shocked if he's signed.

Not to mention Rashied Davis might be the most polished route runner. Yes, he's had his drops, but he's had some huge plays. Iglesias will be lucky if he ever gets activated. You can only gamble with so many WR's.

Rideau has been on and off with the team for 3 consecutive off-seasons. I'll be shocked if he's signed.

Agree. Rideau=this years' Hass. Time to move on, both for the team and for him.

Stupid move to let Brandon Rideau go. Davis isn't even that great of a special teams player either. Why not just load up on project WR's in Rideau AND Aromashodu as opposed to going with a man with stone hands who all he has is a little more experience in Rashied Davis?

You said basically the same last yr and Rideau was not signed by another team. I like him, but it looks like he will not make it in this league.

Peace :dabears

Iglesias had very good game last nite, Not great but good, If he can prove to play ST, he will probably supplant Davis as the route runner, it is what he was known for in college.