Jones Out for the Year

dawhizz

things are starting to take shape now

QB 2 Cutler Hanie

RB 3 Forte Peterson Jones

WR 6 Bennett Hester Aromashodu Iglesias Knox Davis

FB 1 McKie

TE 3 Olsen Clark Davis

OL 8 Kruetz Garza Omiyale Pace Williams Schaffer Beekman _____ (Balogh? Louis? someone i am missing?)

=23

LB 7? Urlacher Briggs Pisa Hunter Roach Jamar and McClover

DE 3 Ogunleye Anderson Brown

DT 5 Idonije Adams Harris Gilbert Harrison

CB 6 Bowman, Tillman, Vasher, Graham, Moore, Hamilton

S 5 Payne Afalava Steltz Manning Bullocks

=26

ST 3 mannelly gould Maynard

that totals 52.....so one more open spot....Top competitors will be Henry Melton, Matt Toeiana, Michael Gaines or Brett Basanez

also i imagine hamilton or moore are on the bubble as well and could get nixed in favor of one of those other guys

QB 2 Cutler Hanie

FB 1 McKie

TE 3 Olsen Clark Davis

OL 8 Kruetz Garza Omiyale Pace Williams Schaffer Beekman _____ (Balogh? Louis? someone i am missing?)

=23

=26

that totals 52.....so one more open spot....Top competitors will be Henry Melton, Matt Toeiana, Michael Gaines or Brett Basanez

also i imagine hamilton or moore are on the bubble as well and could get nixed in favor of one of those other guys

McClover's gone too. I'd be suprised if we keep 5 safeties, though we may consider Manning a CB and cut Hamilton.

QB 2 Cutler Hanie

FB 1 McKie

TE 3 Olsen Clark Davis

=23

=26

McClover was cut

I agree with this. But they'll need to find someone. AP is a good #3 and Wolfe isn't ever going to be considered a starter in the NFL. So... Watch the wire.

I just don't understand Wolfe. Thge staff seems to like him, perhaps due to ST production. But when they do use him on the O, it's usually on runs between the tackles, that just beffudles me.

How is he out for the year with an ankle??

So I guess now it's back to Forte carrying the load. I don't trust AP or Wolfe at all to let them sniff even 2 carries a game. Hope we can find a diamond in the rough off someones practice squad or somewhere else. We need a speedy guy to compliment Forte.

I agree. I think we need to take a look at the cuts being made. I'd wager there is some talent out there.

Not fast enough to hit the edge.

Yeah, this is pretty much it. Every time I've seen him play, he looks surprisingly slow for a little guy. He's got some quickness laterally, but he's not actually very fast. I know he's put on 9 or 10 pounds since college (Bears list him at 186, he was 177 pounds at NIU,) I guess that could have cost him a step or two.

How is he out for the year with an ankle??

So I guess now it's back to Forte carrying the load. I don't trust AP or Wolfe at all to let them sniff even 2 carries a game. Hope we can find a diamond in the rough off someones practice squad or somewhere else. We need a speedy guy to compliment Forte.

I'd actually rather get a power back type of guy to spell Forte. Most of the things that you'd want a scatback to do, Forte does extremely well. He's a great receiver, makes defenders miss, breaks long runs, etc. I'd rather see the Bears pick up a bruiser to take over some short-yardage work; when I look at our roster now, that's the piece I don't really see.