Angelo Interview...

Mongo3451

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mulligan/18...ully20.article#

First off, the title says it for me,"I'm Not Alarmed". At this juncture, it's like the boy that gets punched by his big brother and with tears welling up in his eyes, says "It didn't hurt".

Confidence linked to success

Angelo said his years in the NFL have taught him one important lesson about the psyche of a football team: The only thing that breeds success is success. Just win, baby. Win one play. Beat the guy over you. Keep winning. Win games.

''Confidence can only be gained through success,'' Angelo said. ''You have to be successful to have confidence. It's not about work ethic. It's not about effort. Confidence comes from going out there and having success. Then you believe. All the good teams I have ever been around have believed in what they are doing and believed in themselves. That is how you have to believe we're going to get out of this.''

I highlighted the most disturbing portion of this article. Since when is NOT about work ethic and effort?? Work ethic and effort lead to execution. Execution and knowing you can duplicate it is what breeds confidence. Didn't Angie and Lovie call out the team a couple years ago for being over-confident? Now Angie is saying that's what it's all about. Trust me, I get what he is trying to say, but I think it is a crock of horse crap.