Gotta admit...

Guest TerraTor

Forte doesn't bring a ton of "wow" factor, but brings a greater sense (or did as a rookie) of consistency.

I would use your own comments against you here. You have often railed against Turner for running Wolfe up the guy, thus it obvious you do not feel he is best served in such a manner. But we need someone who is capable of doing just that. We have Forte, who you yourself are now questioning, and you want his key backup to be a guy who you do not feel confident in running up the gut. If Wolfe is in at RB, and can't run up the guy, that limits the offense. As a change of pace back, or 3rd down back, fine, but not as a back you look to as your RB if Forte goes down or struggles again.

I have never said to get rid of Wolfe. In fact, I have said I want to see more of him. That isn't the issue though. W/ Forte having one good and one bad season, and Wolfe not being an every down, all around back, we need additional help. I have said we do not need to spend much adding a big name, but do believe we need better depth than what we have. That doesn't mean we cut Wolfe, but I simply believe we need a back who we can better rely on if Forte goes down.

In fact, I have actually argued what we need is a more power back. Forte has not proven capable of getting the short yardage runs, and I have no confidence in Wolfe being able to run it up the gut on 3rd and 1, and you have blasted turner when he has called such plays. I want a power back added to the mix for short yardage and goal line carries. Someone like, for example, that FB/RB in Baltimore (Anderons?) who started at one point, but also played a smaller role when other backs were stepping up. We could use a back like that IMHO.

Until he gets the carries, we'll never really know. What I have seen from him in very limited time has been borderline explosive. He has only had a few carries and receptions, yet there have been multiple WOW plays where he just breaks off a LB or someone else.

I think you need to look the guy up on youtube to refresh the memory. He's much faster than you think. Better vision than you remember. Can cut on half a dime. He didn't just barely beat out people in college; he blew people away, ran away from them, spun off them. Besides, the leading rusher in NFL history (admittedly with the best OL ever) didn't have great measurables.

Shows strength and speed

Shows great cutting ability and speed

Watch him destroy this LB and get Ditka's shorts in a bunch

I haven't tried, but I'm willing to bet that finding three equally sick plays from Forte might prove difficult. I know it sounds blasphemous, but other than a few rookie year plays versus the Rams and Lions, I can't think of too many plays where I was wow'd by Forte. When he doesn't get blocks, he does nearly nothing. And when he gets blocks, he nearly never outruns anyone. Hell, his pathetic 09 stats are the reason this thread was even started, and if it weren't for gimme games against Cleveland, St. Louis, and two versus Detroit, he'd be getting destroyed by some on this board.