Major Movement Behind the Scenes

AtHomeBoy_2000

Guest TerraTor
Bernstein just said there is a lot more going on behind the scenes, adding "draft day will be VERY interesting"

how is that i wonder... we make a crazy move to get Taylor Mays ... HA!

Olsen for draft picks makes sense. It makes the Bears a player in the draft (and its always good to have picks) plus allows the Bears to potentially be a player for one of the wide-outs that becomes available.

If Boldin can be had for a 3rd rounder we might see something get done (if the Bears can get some picks back for Olsen). That is my best guess.

Olsen for draft picks makes sense. It makes the Bears a player in the draft (and its always good to have picks) plus allows the Bears to potentially be a player for one of the wide-outs that becomes available.

If Boldin can be had for a 3rd rounder we might see something get done (if the Bears can get some picks back for Olsen). That is my best guess.

If we could move Olsen for a 2nd rounder and then move a 3rd for Boldin I'd be VERY very happy

One of the Score reporters has reminded everyone that Clark got the roster bonus that was due today, even after they signed Manu. That suggests Clark will stay. Davis showed enough to make you think he can contribute at a blocker and a receiver. If someone will give you a 2nd for Olsen, do it.

Guest TerraTor
Bernstein added that the Bears are VERY ACTIVELY looking to trade Olsen as soon as possible.

Cant be happy with that sorry, I cant.

Unless this involves a bigtime WR I dont even wanna discuss it. Trading a guy that doesnt fit into the offense? Except that we dont have any WRs who fit into any offense.. Thats crap

A friend mentioned that too, but I don't see it.

Forst is cheap.

We needed a RB, and signed one. Trade/move Forte, and we need to add another RB again.

While Taylor is a great pickup, he will be 31 at the start of the season. He should have more air in the tired due to less than norm wear in previous seasons, but I don't think you look at Taylor as a 250-300 carry RB long term. Keep Forte and you have a solid 1-2 punch and/or depth. Get rid of Forte, and the RB situation becomes fairly iffy again.

Do you guys think they would trade Forte?

They won't move Forte. He's got a lot of value in-house with his cheap salary. Plus you need 2 good backs in the NFL. They provide depth and major insurance in the case of injury.

A friend mentioned that too, but I don't see it.

Forst is cheap.

We needed a RB, and signed one. Trade/move Forte, and we need to add another RB again.

While Taylor is a great pickup, he will be 31 at the start of the season. He should have more air in the tired due to less than norm wear in previous seasons, but I don't think you look at Taylor as a 250-300 carry RB long term. Keep Forte and you have a solid 1-2 punch and/or depth. Get rid of Forte, and the RB situation becomes fairly iffy again.

Guest TerraTor
They won't move Forte. He's got a lot of value in-house with his cheap salary. Plus you need 2 good backs in the NFL. They provide depth and major insurance in the case of injury.

Matt is our Running Back