Gibril Wilson????

Wesson44

Wilson seems like a good fit for the Bears. Or can we go with Clark from Pittsburg or Atogwe from the Rams

I thought I heard a stat/trend that the Bears have drafted a safety in 6 consecutive drafts and with this being a deep draft for DBs and Safeties I 'm guessing the 3rd rounder may be a safety since Lovie was at the Combine saying he need a safety.

Wilson seems like a good fit for the Bears. Or can we go with Clark from Pittsburg or Atogwe from the Rams

IMHO we should go after Clark from the Steelers. He love to hit people (like Mike Brown did against Pollard from the Lions)and can cover some ground. Then maybe Atogwe. Hell with Peppers, Briggs Urlacher and Clark we are talking MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY again

Guest TerraTor
IMHO we should go after Clark from the Steelers. He love to hit people (like Mike Brown did against Pollard from the Lions)and can cover some ground. Then maybe Atogwe. Hell with Peppers, Briggs Urlacher and Clark we are talking MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY again

Clark is a product of Pittsburg and is 30, hasnt played 16 games in one season.

Gibril Wilson exists because he was on the Giants Defense which was driven by Strahan and Osi....

Atogwe is a much much better option and i think its the missing piece for the D now with Peppers

I think Wilson may be an option to consider, but otherwise agree. I agree w/ another poster who said Clark is a SS in most any other city, but does well as a FS when paired with Polamalu, who is the true free roaming safety in that scheme. To me, Clark is too similar from all the other SS' we have tried to play at FS. Maybe better, but still not a true FS.

W/o question Atogwe is who I want, but my only concern is that Stl will match most any offer another team signs him too.

Clark is a product of Pittsburg and is 30, hasnt played 16 games in one season.

Gibril Wilson exists because he was on the Giants Defense which was driven by Strahan and Osi....

Atogwe is a much much better option and i think its the missing piece for the D now with Peppers

Actually, this is a good draft for many of our needs. I have heard this is a great draft for FS, OT, CB and DL. We just got Peppers, but still lack at DT, and the other three are big time needs.

I still would rather get a veteran FS than a rookie, and further, I think there are better veteran options at FS than at OT or CB.

I thought I heard a stat/trend that the Bears have drafted a safety in 6 consecutive drafts and with this being a deep draft for DBs and Safeties I 'm guessing the 3rd rounder may be a safety since Lovie was at the Combine saying he need a safety.

Guest TerraTor
I think Wilson may be an option to consider, but otherwise agree. I agree w/ another poster who said Clark is a SS in most any other city, but does well as a FS when paired with Polamalu, who is the true free roaming safety in that scheme. To me, Clark is too similar from all the other SS' we have tried to play at FS. Maybe better, but still not a true FS.

W/o question Atogwe is who I want, but my only concern is that Stl will match most any offer another team signs him too.

I dont know, cuz they already wouldnt pay 6.9 or whatever it was... so make some crazy offer like we did for John Tait

But there is no salary cap. When we stole Tait, we front loaded the deal, and KC couldn't match because they were up against the cap already and could not afford to add the front loaded contract w/o going over the cap. W/ no cap in place, Stl just doesn't have that issue.

Some would say we could get trickly like Minny did w/ Hutchinson, but that I know of, that was the only time it happened and most in the league (owners) loathed that move. I don't think that sort of poison pill deal is really on the table, and w/o a cap, there really isn't such a thing as a poison pill deal anymore.

I dont know, cuz they already wouldnt pay 6.9 or whatever it was... so make some crazy offer like we did for John Tait

Guest TerraTor
But there is no salary cap. When we stole Tait, we front loaded the deal, and KC couldn't match because they were up against the cap already and could not afford to add the front loaded contract w/o going over the cap. W/ no cap in place, Stl just doesn't have that issue.

Some would say we could get trickly like Minny did w/ Hutchinson, but that I know of, that was the only time it happened and most in the league (owners) loathed that move. I don't think that sort of poison pill deal is really on the table, and w/o a cap, there really isn't such a thing as a poison pill deal anymore.

I meant make an offer they just wont match. They are already on the hook to pay somebody 40+ guaranteed.

Just pointing out its different from the Tait situation.

Hey, we all love the Godfather quote, "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse", but gotta be real here. While they didn't want to tender him for a 1 year guaranteed $8m, I suspect they tagged him as they did w/ a strong plan of signing him. No, that doesn't mean they will match ANY offer presented, but similar with Rolle, gotta still consider the value of a player.

I meant make an offer they just wont match. They are already on the hook to pay somebody 40+ guaranteed.

Guest TerraTor
Just pointing out its different from the Tait situation.

Hey, we all love the Godfather quote, "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse", but gotta be real here. While they didn't want to tender him for a 1 year guaranteed $8m, I suspect they tagged him as they did w/ a strong plan of signing him. No, that doesn't mean they will match ANY offer presented, but similar with Rolle, gotta still consider the value of a player.

Gotcha, just tryin to make an analogyi guess. I think we can certainly grab him away from them.