Forte following Walter's example...

madlithuanian

Man, that sounds like it'd make you puke in a hurry. Ten 80-yard wind sprints uphill, then ten more 40-yard sprints up a steeper hill in a weight vest? Ugh. When I played lacrosse as a kid, I always hated running hills worse than just about anything, and that was just a handful of sprints, not 20 at a time.

I don't envy Forte his workout routine, but it does seem to be helping. It looked to me like he had more long speed this year than any time since early in his rookie season. Just watching him play, he outran a lot of defenders in 2010 - he was a tough guy to catch from behind once he broke into the secondary. The stats bear it out, too: he had 16 gains of at least 20 yards last season, compared to just 9 in 2009 and 8 as a rookie. On top of that, he didn't lose his burst (even late in the year) and he didn't get dinged up either. If running hills is the thing he added to his workouts, I'd say it's working.

That would put in a morgue! Keith Traylor could run circles around me!

Agreed, keep it up Matt!

Man, that sounds like it'd make you puke in a hurry. Ten 80-yard wind sprints uphill, then ten more 40-yard sprints up a steeper hill in a weight vest? Ugh. When I played lacrosse as a kid, I always hated running hills worse than just about anything, and that was just a handful of sprints, not 20 at a time.

I don't envy Forte his workout routine, but it does seem to be helping. It looked to me like he had more long speed this year than any time since early in his rookie season. Just watching him play, he outran a lot of defenders in 2010 - he was a tough guy to catch from behind once he broke into the secondary. The stats bear it out, too: he had 16 gains of at least 20 yards last season, compared to just 9 in 2009 and 8 as a rookie. On top of that, he didn't lose his burst (even late in the year) and he didn't get dinged up either. If running hills is the thing he added to his workouts, I'd say it's working.