Free Agents we need to go after?

Wesson44

With the new CBA coming up and free agency about to start who do you think we need to really go after? IMHO we need to go after offensive lineman such as either Carl Nicks from the Saints or logan Mankins from the Patriots or one of the two from the Falcons. And next would be a big WR like Malcom Floyd or V Jackson from the Chargers or Sidney Rice or Plaxico Burress. As for my i wish we would but dont stand a chance .....would be Nnamdi Asomugha CB from the Raiders.

Mankins was franchised and Nicks (RFA) was tendered.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011G.php

Logan Mankins, G, Patriots. Age: 29.

Franchised by Patriots

One of the top guards in the NFL, Logan Mankins specializes in run-blocking, but also does a great job in pass protection. The Patriots cannot allow him to get away.

Carl Nicks (RFA), G, Saints. Age: 26.

Tendered by Saints

One of the NFL's elite guards, Carl Nicks is a year away from landing a massive contract. He'll be tendered at the highest possible level this offseason.

Vincent Jackson / Sid Rice.

both guys from Falcons and Colon (pitt)

The Bears aren't going to spend another $120 million, dude.

What do you guys think about Mike Sims-Walker?

For the right price, I wouldn't mind him. Apparently, he's a headache in the locker room, though.

Mankins was franchised and Nicks (RFA) was tendered.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011G.php

Logan Mankins, G, Patriots. Age: 29.

Franchised by Patriots

One of the top guards in the NFL, Logan Mankins specializes in run-blocking, but also does a great job in pass protection. The Patriots cannot allow him to get away.

Carl Nicks (RFA), G, Saints. Age: 26.

Tendered by Saints

One of the NFL's elite guards, Carl Nicks is a year away from landing a massive contract. He'll be tendered at the highest possible level this offseason.

Who knows what will happen to those 2 after a new CBA? They could become UFA's.

The Bears aren't going to spend another $120 million, dude.

True enough

For the right price, I wouldn't mind him. Apparently, he's a headache in the locker room, though.

Really? I had not heard that. Got a link to a source?

Who knows what will happen to those 2 after a new CBA? They could become UFA's.

The current groupthink on the subject is that the Franchise tag will continue and that UFA will begin at 4 years like it used to. If that is accurate, neither one of these guys will be available.

What do you guys think about Mike Sims-Walker?

Q: How come whenever someone writes or talks about the free-agent WRs, they bring up only Randy Moss, Terrell Owens and Plaxico Burress? Why doesn't anyone bring up Mike Sims-Walker? I would think he would be ranked higher since he's got a similar body type as those three, has 4.35 speed and he's only 27.

Steven H in New Jersey

A: Your point is a good one. There are a lot of good free-agent receivers who aren't getting a lot of attention. Sims-Walker will probably end up with a contract that exceeds his résumé in Jacksonville. Malcolm Floyd should get good money. The big names -- even if they are older -- get most of the attention. Sims-Walker will probably get more money than those three veteran receivers because he's young and has potential. Decisions like those will make July fascinating.

Clayton Mailbag