Well... I officially quit

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor
Some have him listed as a fullback others a TE. Was "upgrade Tyler Clutts" on our to do list? Was there no long snapper worth taking in the 4th round?

Coulda used another Kicker too I imagine for some competition.... Ya a 6'2 TE.... need some competition for Matt Spaeth to miss blocks and get Forte hurt

Guest TerraTor
Evan Rodriguez

Probably a TE. He's 6-1 1/2 weights 244

How do the bears counter all the athletic TEs taking over the NFL? We resign Kellen Davis who has 18receptions and draft a 6'1 TE... awesome

How do the bears counter all the athletic TEs taking over the NFL? We resign Kellen Davis who has 18receptions and draft a 6'1 TE... awesome

How nobody has commented that Rodriguez was kicked out of his first school after a felony assault of a female dorm worker?

Ugly: Rodriguez was arrested for a assaulting a woman at WVU. He was arrested again in 2009 for disorderly conduct.

Bad: This is considered a reach.

Good: He's very versatile, and he's a TIGHT END. Stop with the FB bulls***. Clutts played at a Pro Bowl level last year. The Bears will use him as an Aaron Hernandez type. Will he be as good? Doubt it, but he's short and quick like Hernandez is.

Massie goes a pick later. This, out of all of them is the biggest head scratcher. If Emery mentions Special Teams with this guy, someone needs to let him know that we actually have an offense and defense.

Where would Massie play here? He played RT at Mississippi. What makes ANYONE think he can play LT in the NFL?

Ugly: Rodriguez was arrested for a assaulting a woman at WVU. He was arrested again in 2009 for disorderly conduct.

Bad: This is considered a reach.

Good: He's very versatile, and he's a TIGHT END. Stop with the FB bulls***. Clutts played at a Pro Bowl level last year. The Bears will use him as an Aaron Hernandez type. Will he be as good? Doubt it, but he's short and quick like Hernandez is.

HA, we really are going towards the "Patriot Way"

Where would Massie play here? He played RT at Mississippi. What makes ANYONE think he can play LT in the NFL?

The thinking is we need to add competition to the position. Without checking the roster, aren't J Webb and Carimi the only two players we even list as an offensive tackle?

Aaron Hernandez-lite? 4.5 speed.. Not bad. I know nothing about this guy.

If the Bears got Aaron Hernandez, then no one's going to ever say anything bad about this guy again. If the Bears got a backup FB, then this will be on the list of risky failed picks when this GM gets fired.

total friggin joke....

Yeah, who the f*** would want 10-12 wins per year + 3 Super Bowls? F***ing joke...

:rolleyes:

If the Bears got Aaron Hernandez, then no one's going to ever say anything bad about this guy again. If the Bears got a backup FB, then this will be on the list of risky failed picks when this GM gets fired.

Exactly. Again, I trust Emery. I loved his FA signings, and so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He found great players in KC and Atlanta. In 2-3 years, we'll know if these picks were okay, if they sucked, or if they were really good.

The thinking is we need to add competition to the position. Without checking the roster, aren't J Webb and Carimi the only two players we even list as an offensive tackle?

I guess I'd agree, but would a prospect who fell 2, maybe 3, rounds be an upgrade? If Webb or Carimi get hurt, they're f***ed anyway.

I'm betting they sign a veteran OT in the next few days.

I was just thinking depth at this point. Rod is an interesting pick, if he turns out to be anything like Hernandez, it will be a great pick.

Exactly. Again, I trust Emery. I loved his FA signings, and so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He found great players in KC and Atlanta. In 2-3 years, we'll know if these picks were okay, if they sucked, or if they were really good.

If the Bears need an OT upgrade and don't get one, then Lovie Smith won't be the coach next season, and Emery will have a very short number of chances to fix that problem.

If he gets in and is a failure, then correct. If he gets in and is a solid player...we'll take it.

That's a pretty general statement about the NFL draft...

I am saying it is laughable because he has the same speed to Hernandez and since it seems like Emery is somewhat off his rocker with "stretch" picks the optimistic assume he is going the "Patriots way"....

That's a pretty general statement about the NFL draft...

I am saying it is laughable because he has the same speed to Hernandez and since it seems like Emery is somewhat off his rocker with "stretch" picks the optimistic assume he is going the "Patriots way"....

Huh? Do you mean it is laughable to say he has the same speed as Hernandez??

Our pick not only has "similar speed", he's possibly faster than Aaron Hernandez, who ran his 40-times in the high 4.5s to 4.6s. According to NFL.com. Rodriguez was one of the top 2 or 3 performers for a TE in 40-time, 3-cone, and the 20 & 60 yard shuttles (EDIT: & vertical leap). Not saying I like the pick, just pointing out the facts, he's obviously extremely quick and speedy.

What I don't understand is...

STRENGTHS: Rodriguez is a very reliable pass catcher who is a crafty route runner. He was a go-to look for Temple to pick up first downs and maneuver through defenders for extra yardage. He is quick off the ball and understands how to leverage his body. He is a smooth runner who looks natural in the open field.

WEAKNESSES: Rodriguez is almost nonexistent in the pass game, and his athletic ability is suspect when attempting to get to the second level and block linebackers.

WTH? After what they wrote for his strengths, where are they coming up with "nonexistent in the pass game" and "not an athlete" (especially knowing his 3 cone and shuttle drills were excellent)?