Bears waive safety Venable

GrizzlyBear

I dont know if you guy caught this, With all the news going on about Seau and the Aints.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,6544379.story

This is not surprising since he was cut during the season and was brought back when Waters went down. With him not being an option on defense as young as he is, he became expendable as the Bears continue to have a revolving door at safety.The Bears have several young players at the position with 3 more rookies added this offseason.

This is not surprising since he was cut during the season and was brought back when Waters went down. With him not being an option on defense as young as he is, he became expendable as the Bears continue to have a revolving door at safety.The Bears have several young players at the position with 3 more rookies added this offseason.

I'd say it's surprising just because we can keep up to 90 players on the off season roster. Winston was actually good enough to get into a few games. Most of the guys coming to training camp won't get that opportunity.

I'd say it's surprising just because we can keep up to 90 players on the off season roster. Winston was actually good enough to get into a few games. Most of the guys coming to training camp won't get that opportunity.

If they cut him now something must be up.Here is a chance for a guy to show he has developed and knows more of the defensive playbook but, that isn't going to happen why? He is McClellin's former teammate and I guess that meant nothing also.Obviously they must have brought in some young players in the secondary that they feel can fill his role on ST and contribute on defense also.