Brandon Hardin 637,844

Sherrick McManis 630,000

S Major Wright 744,825

Chris Conte 698,400

Craig Steltz 765,000

K/P Adam Podlesh 1,725,000

Robbie Gould 2,825,000

TOTAL 103,860,562

Keep in mind that this is the current roster as it stands not including any guys that have signed future/reserve contracts. Also the Cap for 2013 is supposed to be around $120M but nothing is finalized until new league year starts. If you have any questions regarding any of the guys on here just let me know and I will do the best I can to answer any questions.

Interesting, I keep hearing we have 14.5m in cap space. If this is right it means we have around 17. (I'm hearing 121M cap)

Also, I don't understand the NFL cap...If they release Davis, Spaeth, and Hester do they get the whole 9m?? 26M is a good chunk of change.

The cap is supposed to be slightly higher than last yr but very minimal change to. But once again that won't actually be set until the new league year begins. When that begins I can update. Give me a few I will explain Davis, Spaeth and Hester Hopefully you understand. If you don't, don't feel to bad its extremely difficult to fully understand. I still don't completely understand it all the way. I do a ton of research on the cap to try and understand it as I am very fascinated by it.

Here's something I posted on soxtalk that I got no real answers to other than I have no life lol...This is how I understand it....

Bears are said to be $14.5m under cap.

Cutting Spaeth and Davis knocks them 4.3 more mill under?

So they're at close to 19m...Right?

Gerald McCoy is a good comparison for Melton, he's getting 6.5m his first year outta his rookie contract...So lets say 6.5 for Melton.

Now we're at 12.5.

Joe Thomas is the best tackle in the game and he's making 9 mill. Clady is probably the only guy that approaches that and he won't hit the market....Bushrod is the guy I'm lookin at since he was the LT for the Bears new OL coach. He's probably looking at 6mill tops, maybe even closer to 5.

Now we're at roughly 6.5.

I want Nick Roach back, he's probably looking at 2-2.5.

now 4 mill.

I want Louis back as well, he's probably looking at another 2.

so we're at 2 million left...oh no...

What does cutting Hester do? His 2013 salary is 1.8mill but his cap # is 7.6....Restructuring contracts Peppers, Marshalls, and Tillmans contracts has to save us what a mill each?? Lets say 1.8 mill back for Hester? plus the 2 mill we still have left and they then have roughly 7 mill for the draft and to fill out the roster....is that enough? Am I right?

If we are really starting out with 17 under cap you add about 3 mill more to that 7 mill leftover to fill the roster leaving them with 10 mill. You can sign me up for a TE in this case.

TOTAL 103,860,562

Don't forget all the Dead Money and Buyouts still on the books. Also, there is an assumption of a certain amount of money for the rookie pool, thus reducing the cap even more. I've heard the "Real" cap space is between 14-17 depending on if certain bonuses were/are triggered.

Davis will be a $1.45 hit if cut. So he would save $2.4 in cap space, seems like a no-brainer.

Hester's will be a $1.00 hit if cut. A cap savings of $1.85 if cut compared to paying him to play.

So those 2 would save us $4.25.

Spaeth is another one for me. His cap hit is $2.433, and cutting him would save $2.00.

So cutting those 3 would give us over $6 million in space. If we were drafting a TE, we could pick up a blocking TE for less than the $2.4 we are paying Spaeth. That would fill 2 of those 3 positions and still have around $4.5 left.

Interesting, I keep hearing we have 14.5m in cap space. If this is right it means we have around 17. (I'm hearing 121M cap)

Also, I don't understand the NFL cap...If they release Davis, Spaeth, and Hester do they get the whole 9m?? 26M is a good chunk of change.

Ok lets see if I can help with those 3. In regards to Hester 1st he is due a base salary of $1,857,523 with a Signing Bonus of $750,000 and a Misc Bonus(typically this is a roster bonus due June 1 or July 1 roughly) of 250,000 to make the entire cap hit of $2,857,523 If cut prior to that Roster bonus we would not have to pay the base salary or the Roster bonus, to make the total we would pay is $750,000 saving $2,107,523

With Spaeth he has a base salary of $2,000,000, a signing bonus of $333,333 and a misc bonus of $100,000 If we assume that misc bonus is indeed a roster bonus then if we cut him prior to that roster date of June 1 then we would be on hook for $333,333 and we would save a total of $2,100,000

With Kellen Davis he is due a base salary of $2,400,000 a signing bonus of $1,350,000 and a misc bonus of $100,000. If we assume that misc bonus is also a roster bonus then if we cut him prior to that roster date of June 1 then we would be on hook for $1,350,000 and we would save a total of $2,500,000.

I have said it a couple times that I am in complete favor of letting both Spaeth and Davis go for sure. I would also look for Hester to leave also. We might be able to trade either Kellen Davis or Devin Hester but we can't expect much in return outside of salary relief and maybe a conditional pick. Also keep in mind Hester has said he is contemplating retirement. So if we straight release all 3 prior to the roster date of June 1(I believe) then we would save a total of $6,707,523.

Does that answer your questions?

Don't forget all the Dead Money and Buyouts still on the books. Also, there is an assumption of a certain amount of money for the rookie pool, thus reducing the cap even more. I've heard the "Real" cap space is between 14-17 depending on if certain bonuses were/are triggered.

Davis will be a $1.45 hit if cut. So he would save $2.4 in cap space, seems like a no-brainer.

Hester's will be a $1.00 hit if cut. A cap savings of $1.85 if cut compared to paying him to play.

So those 2 would save us $4.25.

Spaeth is another one for me. His cap hit is $2.433, and cutting him would save $2.00.

So cutting those 3 would give us over $6 million in space. If we were drafting a TE, we could pick up a blocking TE for less than the $2.4 we are paying Spaeth. That would fill 2 of those 3 positions and still have around $4.5 left.

Thx Adam, I don't have information regarding any Dead Money and Buyouts at all but yes you add that to the total cap I had on that page and you have our true #. Last year we had a total of just over $3.8M in dead money and buyouts

Gotcha, thank you both....So if we cut those guys we're lookin at 20-23M to work with....They shouldn't have a problem doing what I said above...Though Bushrod might cost a little more than the 6 mill I have listed, looks like he'll be a pro bowler if San Fran goes to the Super Bowl.

We may not have to cut Hester. I'm no expert on the cap, but I imagine if he retires, we aren't obligated to pay him his prorated guaranteed money for sitting on his couch. Any of that guaranteed money would be paid back to us by Hester, effectively in return for us letting him out of his contract, and therefore it wouldn't cause a cap hit.

Also, looking at that list makes it very clear how bad we missed on Kellen Davis. His cap is nearly half of Brandon Marshall's and he's not worth a tenth of Brandon's value on the field.

We may not have to cut Hester. I'm no expert on the cap, but I imagine if he retires, we aren't obligated to pay him his prorated guaranteed money for sitting on his couch. Any of that guaranteed money would be paid back to us by Hester, effectively in return for us letting him out of his contract, and therefore it wouldn't cause a cap hit.

Also, looking at that list makes it very clear how bad we missed on Kellen Davis. His cap is nearly half of Brandon Marshall's and he's not worth a tenth of Brandon's value on the field.

Yes bud u are correct on Hester though i dont think he will retire