PFT Ranks Bears 18th

ostrogoth

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/categ...eatures/page/2/

They even have the Vikings ranked higher. They had a panel of 6 voting on the rankings, I would have thought the Bears should be around 10th.

I think it's fair coming from people who cover all teams, and not as knowledgeable about the Bears. This team is undergoing a major transition in focus and philosophy in the transition from JA/Lovie to Emery/Trestman. I expect them to possibly win a Super Bowl. It's also possible they could fall flat on their face and only win 5 games.

They even have the Vikings ranked higher. They had a panel of 6 voting on the rankings, I would have thought the Bears should be around 10th.

#10 might be a little high considering we didn't make the playoffs last year and replaced the entire coaching staff. I was figuring around #15 for a preseason ranking is reasonable, with maybe a high of 12 and a low around 18. A lot of things have to go right, which they can, but the law of averages says we will win between 7-11 games.

I would venture to guess that every team is "pre-ranked" 5 spots within where they finished last season. The top 10 will consist of the playoff teams from last year.

The Bears were the best team who didn't make the playoffs. That means we finished 13th. New unproven coach from Canada--drop us five spots.

I have fun reading the pre-rankings but they're stupid. Some of last seasons playoff teams included the Colts, Vikings, Bengals, Redskins, and Seahawks. All the experts projected them to be near the bottom of the league.

I would venture to guess that every team is "pre-ranked" 5 spots within where they finished last season. The top 10 will consist of the playoff teams from last year.

The Bears were the best team who didn't make the playoffs. That means we finished 13th. New unproven coach from Canada--drop us five spots.

I have fun reading the pre-rankings but they're stupid. Some of last seasons playoff teams included the Colts, Vikings, Bengals, Redskins, and Seahawks. All the experts projected them to be near the bottom of the league.

I'll say this on the totally negative side, and these are not my opinions. Trestman hasn't been in the NFL under any compacity in years. His offense depends on a lot of timing routes, and going to checkdowns. Cutler hasn't been great at progressing through his WR's and may have trouble in the new system. Lovie almost always fielded a great defense. The Bears record when Urlacher has not played throughout his career is bad. There is much more negative I could say, but as an outsider I could see where they are coming from.

Personally, I look at there being a comparable record to last year, +2 games or -2 games even with what I consider a harder schedule . I could see nonfans seeing it as a disaster waiting to happen tho, or atleast slumping off.

I'll say this on the totally negative side, and these are not my opinions. Trestman hasn't been in the NFL under any compacity in years. His offense depends on a lot of timing routes, and going to checkdowns. Cutler hasn't been great at progressing through his WR's and may have trouble in the new system. Lovie almost always fielded a great defense. The Bears record when Urlacher has not played throughout his career is bad. There is much more negative I could say, but as an outsider I could see where they are coming from.

Personally, I look at there being a comparable record to last year, +2 games or -2 games even with what I consider a harder schedule . I could see nonfans seeing it as a disaster waiting to happen tho, or atleast slumping off.

Yeah I agree. There are way to many question marks about this team for me to go top 12. All the reasons u listed plus question mark of the oline. Can cutler and trestmem work well together. Will ppl buy in to something this franchise hasn't even seen in upwards of 20+ yrs

Much less trying to predict things after 1 non padded practice. Its why I ignore all rankings til we can actual see the games at least

I can come up with excuses for why this Bears team will win 3 games on the season and why they'll lose 3 games on the season (total). I'd think losing only 3 is more likely, but this is really up in the air on how the roster and coaching staff come together.

I can come up with excuses for why this Bears team will win 3 games on the season and why they'll lose 3 games on the season (total). I'd think losing only 3 is more likely, but this is really up in the air on how the roster and coaching staff come together.

Oh yeah exactly. Plus we know sooner or later injuries will hit. Just ask philly as it seems they may have lost maclin to a torn acl. Which would be a huge blow