Bennett-Wilson debate

Ed Hochuli 3:16

At what point do the Bears consider dealing Earl Bennett, taking a 5th round pick and making Marquess Wilson active?

I think it'd be difficult for Wilson to do less than what Bennett is right now. That's not criticizing Bennett either. Right now though, he isn't part of the Bears' offense and looks disinterested, for good reason.

If we can get something... why not....?

At what point do the Bears consider dealing Earl Bennett, taking a 5th round pick and making Marquess Wilson active?

I think it'd be difficult for Wilson to do less than what Bennett is right now. That's not criticizing Bennett either. Right now though, he isn't part of the Bears' offense and looks disinterested, for good reason.

I'm down, but It'll be pretty hard to trade Earl at this point given his injury history and lack of productivity. Wilson at least offers a different element to the passing game that Earl doesn't bring. He's a possession receiver with limited ability. Wilson, while not an elite level speed guy, is still fast enough to be a viable deep threat in the passing game.

Funny how times have changed in recent years when Earl was widely regarded as the Bears best receiver, largely because he was the only one who could catch the ball consistently.

I can't imagine a team giving up much for Earl at this point but I'm game if we can get something for him. It's clear the team has moved on from him. The days of the excelling as the tallest midget in the Bears passing game have come and gone. We now have 4 guys who consistently catch the ball for us, 3 are big targets and the other being one of the better pass catching RB's in the game. It's going to be hard for Bennett to find traction in this offense, and to an extent Wilson will have that same issue. Either one is likely 5th in the pecking order. Hard to believe we actually have legit options to throw to in this offense.

It is possible that a team out there struggling with WR depth or injury problems who think that Bennett can help them. When healthy Bennet is a sure handed receiver who is a good possession option with some deceptive speed. Maybe a team like NE, Jax, Cleveland, etc. might be a better situation for Earl. I like Earl and it would be nice to see him find a home where he can be part of an offense. Being on the outside looking in and settling for scraps can't be fun.