Kyle Long- ROY?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

In today's MMQB by Peter King, he says right now Kyle Long would get his vote for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Thoughts?

I didn't watch closely enough at he and Mills in particular last night, but I know he opened the whole for Forte's long run and I do know Cutler's on pace to only be sacked 16 times.

So much for him being not worthy of the pick. :headbang

In today's MMQB by Peter King, he says right now Kyle Long would get his vote for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Thoughts?

I didn't watch closely enough at he and Mills in particular last night, but I know he opened the whole for Forte's long run and I do know Cutler's on pace to only be sacked 16 times.

So much for him being not worthy of the pick. :headbang

If you compare to how Fisher, Joke-l, Johnson, Fluker, and Pugh have fared so far, Long is a steal. Cooper is on IR, and the only other Rookie OL playing decent is Warmack.

For the RoY, Bernard, Thompkins, and Vaccaro are in the mix.

If you compare to how Fisher, Joke-l, Johnson, Fluker, and Pugh have fared so far, Long is a steal. Cooper is on IR, and the only other Rookie OL playing decent is Warmack.

There's one for offense and defense. Bernard hasn't done much this year and Thompkins has dropped a lot of passes. DeAndre Hopkins, so far, is Long's only competition.

Long might get votes based on his personality alone. And there's the issue of his dad being a public figure most football people don't want to piss off. Don't get me wrong, Long is playing well and I love the kid... But this award is typically given to someone who touches the ball. I'd be shocked if he wins ROY.