Early draft board

ASHKUM BEAR

Can someone relay what Tom Thayer said about him? Like I said my video isn't working.

Don't know what you guys expect out of a nose tackle in a 4-3 defense.

More than paea is providing. I completely understand that typically most NTs in any system isnt going to give much when it comes to box scores. I'm just going off what I see and ignoring the box scores. It just seems like most often he gets either pushed back or gets pushed around by the guard/center. Remember in college a knock on him was that he struggles to disengage with lineman and Aldo struggled with pad level. Here we are 3 yrs later and he still struggles at those areas. He needs to show more than just brute strength to win in the NFL

I'd be tempted to still draft a quarterback in the 1st round, definitely in the first 2 because you're not looking for a future backup. They have so many needs on defense that it's going to take more than one off-season to fix. There really isn't a wrong position you could draft on defense.

I can get behind that thinking with as deep as the QB position is this yr. Would you franchise cutler then or just let him walk

I can get behind that thinking with as deep as the QB position is this yr. Would you franchise cutler then or just let him walk

Tough decision. I might think about letting him walk and save the money. If you draft a QB high, just play him. Very few high pick rookie QB's sit for a year anymore. They get thrown into the fire right away.

No thanks on a QB in the first, or even the 2nd. We've seen Josh friggin McCown have success in this system, I say franchise Jay and grab a QB in the mid rounds, maybe a Jimmy Garoppallo or a David Fales.

Just wandering but have you heard of anything about that QB for NIU. Dudes #s have been sick for 2 yrs a d I know some is the competition

Just wandering but have you heard of anything about that QB for NIU. Dudes #s have been sick for 2 yrs a d I know some is the competition

Jordan Lynch, from what I've heard, is basically this years Tim Tebow, only smaller and he's put up his numbers vs inferior opponents. Now I know I can't knock him on that last part because I just suggested they draft Garoppalo but Jimmy has more of an NFL body and a better, more accurate arm.

As someone who was on board with bringing Tebow in I can't go back on that type of player. Wouldn't hate him in the 6th round(CBS currently has him as an undrafted player)

All in all I want the Bears to wait till at least the 3rd round to draft their QB, and I wouldn't hate to see them wait till the 6th. I've got another guy I like in the 6th though.

Quickly throwing together an ideal mock here....

1- Bradley Roby CB OSU - His stock has fallen ever so slightly and it will benefit the Bears

2- LaMarcus Joyner/Dion Bailey FS FSU/USC- I like both of these guys so whoever is there snatch em up and send Conte packing.

3- Jaylen Watkins CB/S FLA - Versatile coverage player who has excelled at both positions. Can either replace Wright or play corner.

4- Daniel McCullers DT Tenn- I know I supported Paea earlier but we could use another monster to rotate and push Paea.

5- James Gayle DE VT- Even after the big game by Pep I'm still cutting him loose, Gayle is depth. If he puts on some more size he could be a monster

6- L'Damian Washington WR Mizzu- 6'4" with 4.3 speed, but he's a bad route runner. Fine tune that and he could be a beast.

6- Casey Pachall QB TCU- Had a drug problem at TCU but from what I read that's been cleared up. "Lighning quick release, big, accurate arm"....Could be a steal.

Oddly enough I just watched an NIU game a couple nights ago...their QB does not have much of an arm either in accuracy or strength. He's a decent runner and he gets by with the level of competition he faces but with the small throwing windows in the NFL I don't see him being successful. I think the comparison to Tebow is spot on.

Surprisingly, I've seen alot of NIU's games the last couple of years. He's not nearly as good as Tebow to be honest. He was completely exposed as a passer last year against FSU missing his receivers by 15 yards or chucking it directly into the turf. I don't believe he will be a NFL QB. He is an interesting and fun NCAA qb to watch though.