18per

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor
It's looking like a bad deal from most reports I've seen, but his cap number is probably lower than it would have been if he'd been franchised.. So there's that.

I imagine majority is Bonus but still. I don't mind having him but in my opinion we need 7 New starters on D

I can think of at least 5 teams off the top of my head that would have probably thought and paid more.

Those teams would be idiotic, just like the Ravens were when they paid Joe Flacco all that money.

I don't think he has done anything in his career to warrant the contract the Bears just handed out to him. He's 30 years old, and has only been to the playoffs once in his career.

Those teams would be idiotic, just like the Ravens were when they paid Joe Flacco all that money.

I don't think he has done anything in his career to warrant the contract the Bears just handed out to him. He's 30 years old, and has only been to the playoffs once in his career.

I'd like to see him develop in the same offense for more than one season. Since he has been with the Bears he had the same offense for more than a season once I believe. He hasn't developed because of that. Let the man master an offense and see what happens.

The Bears didn't make the playoffs this season because of the defense, not because of Cutler. Don't throw them not making the playoffs into your argument.

I'd like to see him develop in the same offense for more than one season. Since he has been with the Bears he had the same offense for more than a season once I believe. He hasn't developed because of that. Let the man master an offense and see what happens.

The Bears didn't make the playoffs this season because of the defense, not because of Cutler. Don't throw them not making the playoffs into your argument.

And according to many here at the time, we didn't make the playoffs in 2012 because of Lovie.

Where did I say we missed the playoffs this year because of Cutler? In his entire career, both in Denver and in Chicago, he has made the playoffs once. That is Tony Romo territory, except Romo is statistically the better quarterback.

What I'm saying is that it's a crap load of money to throw at a quarterback who really hasn't done anything significant his entire career.

Where did I say we missed the playoffs this year because of Cutler?

LOL! Then you can't use making the playoffs as a criteria for judging him if you openly admit it wasn't his fault we didn't make it. Frankly, I think we very easily could've made the playoffs not only this year but in 2012 and it wasn't because of Jay we didn't. So it that's the case, his play could've led us to the playoffs in at least 60% of his seasons as a Bear.

Hell, for that matter, we were 7-3 in games he started in 2011. Maybe it's 80%?

See, here's the issue I have with a lot of folks here and on talk radio, they love to blame Jay for everything whether it's rational or not. People just sat there and watched this season unfold and wanted the Bears to let Jay go. But the PROFESSIONAL we have running our team says it was Jay's BEST year. What does that tell you?

This place is hilarious.

I'd rather have Cutler than be back in QB hell. The board whines about the money paid to him as if its coming out of their paychecks. I'm sure the people who are running this team have a REAL plan in place that I'll take of each of the crybabies plans.

Did you see the defense this year? It's not that it's coming out of people's pay checks, it's about having money to improve the team. The quality of quarterback play by Jay Cutler at 30 years old does not warrant 1/6th of the teams cap space for the next 7 years.

LOL! Then you can't use making the playoffs as a criteria for judging him if you openly admit it wasn't his fault we didn't make it. Frankly, I think we very easily could've made the playoffs not only this year but in 2012 and it wasn't because of Jay we didn't. So it that's the case, his play could've led us to the playoffs in at least 60% of his seasons as a Bear.

Over the course of a career, 1 playoff appearance in 8 years is difficult to do if you really are a great quarterback. Especially at quarterback, where you have a greater impact on winning than any other position on the field. His numbers suggest that he's a slightly above average quarterback, which I would say is pretty accurate.

Hell, for that matter, we were 7-3 in games he started in 2011. Maybe it's 80%?

Glad you brought that up. His durability remains a huge question mark, which makes all that guaranteed money look even less appealing.

See, here's the issue I have with a lot of folks here and on talk radio, they love to blame Jay for everything whether it's rational or not. People just sat there and watched this season unfold and wanted the Bears to let Jay go.

I could say the exact same thing about the excuse makers. Letting him go was probably never a realistic option. However, that doesn't mean they made the right decision to sign him to the $ they gave him. TBD.

But the PROFESSIONAL we have running our team says it was Jay's BEST year. What does that tell you?

Nobody is disputing this.

Nobody is disputing this.

You should've just left your response at that.

I agree with you he's been getting injured more frequently recently which isn't a good trend. But other than that, you didn't once dispute the fact that the Bears very likely would've made the playoffs now four years in a row but for factors Jay doesn't control. Not an excuse for Jay, just a pesky little fact.

"Glad you brought that up. His durability remains a huge question mark, which makes all that guaranteed money look even less appealing."

The fact that he played in as many games as he did, with the amount of hits he took because of that Offensive Line in that timeframe, speaks volumes to his toughness. :)

You should've just left your response at that.

I agree with you he's been getting injured more frequently recently which isn't a good trend. But other than that, you didn't once dispute the fact that the Bears very likely would've made the playoffs now four years in a row but for factors Jay doesn't control. Not an excuse for Jay, just a pesky little fact.

His play and the money they gave him for it doesn't match up, in my opinion. That's where I'm at.

I do think his erratic decision making has plagued this team in the past and it will moving forward.

2013 Jay Cutler (11) / Josh McCown (5)

2012 Jay Cutler (15) / Jason Campbell (1)

2011 Jay Cutler (10) / Caleb Hanie (4) / Josh McCown (2)

2010 Jay Cutler (15) / Todd Collins (1)

2009 Jay Cutler (16)

2008 Kyle Orton (15) / Rex Grossman (1)

2007 Rex Grossman (7) / Brian Griese (6) / Kyle Orton (3)

2006 Rex Grossman (16)

2005 Kyle Orton (15) / Rex Grossman (1)

2004 Craig Krenzel (5) / Chad Hutchinson (5)/ Jonathan Quinn (3) / Rex Grossman (3)

2003 Kordell Stewart (7) / Chris Chandler (6)/ Rex Grossman (3)

2002 Jim Miller (8) / Chris Chandler (7) / Henry Burris (1)

2001 Jim Miller (13) / Shane Matthews (3)

2000 Cade McNown (9) / Shane Matthews (5) / Jim Miller (2)

1999 Shane Matthews (7) / Cade McNown (6) / Jim Miller (3)

1998 Erik Kramer (8) / Steve Stenstrom (7) / Moses Moreno (1)

1997 Erik Kramer (13) / Rick Mirer (3)

1996 Dave Krieg (12) / Erik Kramer (4)

1995 Erik Kramer (16)

1994 Steve Walsh (11) / Erik Kramer (5)

1993 Jim Harbaugh (15) / Peter Tom Willis (1)

1992 Jim Harbaugh (13) / Peter Tom Willis (2) / Will Furrer (1)

1991 Jim Harbaugh (16)

1990 Jim Harbaugh (14) / Mike Tomczak (2)

1989 Mike Tomczak (11) / Jim Harbaugh (5)

1988 Jim McMahon (9) / Mike Tomczak (5) / Jim Harbaugh (2)

1987 Jim McMahon (6) / Mike Tomczak (6) / Mike Hohensee (2) / Steve Bradley (1)

1986 Mike Tomczak (7) / Jim McMahon (6) / Steve Fuller (2) / Doug Flutie (1)

Absolute, mind-numbing insanity. This makes the Romo deal look conservative. 8 straight years Romo has had a QBR above 90...his whole career. Cutler, 8 straight years he's had a QBR below 90...his whole career. I would've said there's not one team in the NFL that would have paid him 75% of that, but clearly I have no idea how a GM thinks, nor how many of them currently reside at Bellevue psychiatric hospital.

Now that's out of my system, on the positive side, it's done now. We won't have a QB who sucks for years to come (though we might have a D who does...like Dallas), which is something I still appreciate after having lived through the 90's and 2000's as a Bears fan. Also, whatever happened in the past is meaningless now. If Cutler plays up to his contract, it's all good.