Anthony Jefferson (UCLA)

DABEARSDABOMB

Lets hope his injury wasn't serious. IIRC, a poster on here either knew him / he was a family friend. He has had a good preseason. Below is what Biggs had to say about him in his most recent piece.

10 a. Safety Anthony Jefferson had a nice training camp and made plays on special teams, enough that it looked like he might at least get his name mentioned in discussion for a job. But he left with an arm injury in the first quarter. If it’s anything semi-serious, that is likely going to derail his hopes. The undrafted rookie from UCLA played well in training camp also.

Is there anything on his injury? He is a family friend of my wife's maid of honor. I heard he's being doing well on S/T, and could make the practice squad.

Lets hope his injury wasn't serious. IIRC, a poster on here either knew him / he was a family friend. He has had a good preseason. Below is what Biggs had to say about him in his most recent piece.

I thought it was you that knew him Lith. Haven't seen anything but given our need at safety (and the fact that I think safety is one of the positions where undrafted guys can play...people get too overhyped on measureables where intangibles such as ability to close / react / read d and of course simple things like ability to tackle and take the right angles get overlooked. I thought he actually was on the outside looking in at one of the final roster spots, but would presume he's a lock at the practice squad (as long as he isn't out for any significant time).

Given we have a lot of garbage at safety, some of which is aging or Vereen (who the staff clearly doesn't like), I figured Jefferson would get his shot at some point this season (if he kept doing what he was doing). Hopefully minor injury.

Right there with ya!

I thought it was you that knew him Lith. Haven't seen anything but given our need at safety (and the fact that I think safety is one of the positions where undrafted guys can play...people get too overhyped on measureables where intangibles such as ability to close / react / read d and of course simple things like ability to tackle and take the right angles get overlooked. I thought he actually was on the outside looking in at one of the final roster spots, but would presume he's a lock at the practice squad (as long as he isn't out for any significant time).

Given we have a lot of garbage at safety, some of which is aging or Vereen (who the staff clearly doesn't like), I figured Jefferson would get his shot at some point this season (if he kept doing what he was doing). Hopefully minor injury.