We are getting Osweiler this Sunday....

madlithuanian

It has been years since I watched him play at ASU but here is what little I can remember...

Osweiler is a good athlete, similar to Cutler, who won't really run away from people but can move well enough to save a play that broke down.

I never liked how he read defenses and he often seemed late on making throws. However, he only started at ASU for one year so there is that. He wasn't the type of QB that can throw a guy open, he saw the open player and then threw to the target which was often static. Was it setup that way because of his limited accuracy or just how the offense was setup? It has been several years and so this is one thing that NFL coaching from a guy like Adam Gase may have improved upon.

Arm strength was good. If he stepped into throws he can get the ball downfield for sure but if there was pressure around him he'd throw quickly and passes often tailed off as they reached their target. Many passes on out-routes 10yds or more were often easy targets for INTs. In the NFL those windows are even smaller. Keep him from stepping up and opportunities for INTs might be there.

If you are bored there is this...which not surprisingly shows some of his throws coming up short and being intercepted or nearly intercepted. Others are driven right on target especially if it's his first read. He'll move the ball against us but we'll definitely want to take away the early read and force him to think a bit.

What do Fox and Gase know?

Why isn't Peyton Manning attending practice and at least sitting in meeting rooms helping this kid win games? What would you say if that were Cutler doing the same?