One draft problem

jason

Bears were unable to pull the trigger on a developmental QB and immediately signed Hoyer as a stop gap solution.

I would not be at all surprised that in FA Part 2 they pick up a OT & TE to add to the competition at both positions, the only 2 positions that we all felt needed addressed and yet were not drafted.

I think Pace did an excellent job of bringing in some great talent to compete with the Vets for roster positions.

However, even with 9 draft picks you can only cover so many "needs".

I love the way he is systematically turning this roster over, making us more competitive, better team speed, more play makers, and younger.

I agree and the mess that Pace/Fox inherited will take multiple good drafts to fix and turn the roster over completely. There is where the patience comes in, the last few years defense has been the weakest side of the ball pass rush needed addressed, we needed to get faster and more athletic, and that was the overarching theme to the draft. Let's face it QB/TE was not strong in this draft so why take chances on someone just to draft a QB and TE. We weren't going to get either Wentz or Goff. This was however a good defensive draft and a good opportunity to take a good number of picks to bolster our D. Strengthening the D will help keep us in games. This draft should also have a good impact on our ST by improving the team speed/athleticism of the bottom of our roster. Reality is our needs this offseason outnumbered our resources to fill those needs. But by having good drafts year after year that issue will go away and we can really start stacking our roster.