The Stars are Aligning, Maybe...

Mongo3451

I posted the article from The Athletic on another thread, so I thought it would be good to post why things will be better.

For starters, we all know about the Polian hiring.  What some may not know is that George and Ted have been talking with him all year and placed him on the payroll in October.  That's A big big deal.

Ted Phillips had been proven to be a bumbling fool when it comes to football, but I didn't realize until the aforementioned article that he was in the good ol boys network.  That alone pissed me off, but now that he's out of the football part maybe the best decision will be made.

We are in a unique situation and this has Polian's stamp on it.  For the first time in a long time we are hiring GM and coach as a package deal.  When was the last time?  Has it ever happened with us?

Making the new GM and coaches job easier, or predestined failure, is that we have Justin Fields in place.  The rest of the skill players aren't bad either.  Nagy's arrogance and unwillingness to change ruined Mitchell Trubisky.  When I read that Trubisky continually tried to communicate with Nagy on what he liked best and was ignored spoke volumes to me.  Hearing the same from Foles spoke louder.  This alone makes me think Polian shut Fields down through George on down.

Let's pretend George won't meddle/bungle this process.  Doesn't it actually look like the process has the best chance is has had in a long time?

48 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Let's pretend George won't meddle/bungle this process.  Doesn't it actually look like the process has the best chance is has had in a long time?

I think theres a decent amount of luck involved too.

Everyone knows who the names are. We have favorites, and a few we want to avoid, but by and large, if you picked them out of a hat, youd probably have the same outcome - a decent candidate who needs to prove it.

Hopefully Polian can avoid the few turds, and then the rest is how you play the hand, more than which cards you draw.

So yeah, we can get this right without making a genius move, but we have to be lucky.