you can say what you want...

Lucky Luciano

the first half did have me concerned somewhat as nothing seemed to come together. the second half was a tale of two cities and it was impressive in the sense that this is a shiny new scheme with new coaches and young players who have never played together. they all banded together to get a win against a supposedly superior team.

what was very impressive was that the niners were plain and simple out coached by the bears.

1. the discipline and good coaching was carried over from camp and preseason games. one of the differences being penalties or lack thereof. the talking heads can say whatever they want, the bears outcoached them and it showed on the field and in the final results. when has that happened before?

2. halftime adjustments: this reminded me of packer games where the packers were totally outplayed in the first half only to come back and dominate the second half. cudo's to our OC. i can't even remember the last time this happened.

there are going to be a lot of growing pains for the rest of the season but it seems to me we are building a SOLID foundation for this team to build on in the future.

1 hour ago, Lucky Luciano said:

what was very impressive was that the niners were plain and simple out coached by the bears.

1. the discipline and good coaching was carried over from camp and preseason games.

Absolutely.  While watching the game yesterday you could absolutely see the ‘night and day’ difference between the two halves of how Chicago played and between how better disciplined and conditioned the Bears were over the 9’ers . I believe SF had somewhere near 100 yards of penalties which, as one of the commentators pointed out, is a loss of 7 points on the field.

I was concerned we wouldn’t see the teams full potential until about week 3 or 4 but this was indeed a pleasant surprise.