Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TalkBears Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alaskan Grizzly

Super Fans
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Alaskan Grizzly

  1. Speaking of over / under, what’s the number at for Bagent to start Sunday? I saw an interview with Schefter and he’s somewhat convinced it’ll be Bagent. He lists some good reasons why, one of which involves him putting some more game film together for a potential new team. This might be the game to do just that.
  2. Dexter wasn't a horrible player while on the team. Just (like Ashkum said) wasn't what they needed in the middle. Of course I'm still not sure they've found their guy just yet. That is unless Van De Berg is THAT guy(?).
  3. Something to keep in mind is that around this time last year—maybe just a little earlier—the team was 0–2. By game three, Ben started working in more zone-rush concepts, which really opened things up for both Swift and Monongai. A week or two after that, he began involving Loveland more. At the time, I remember wondering why they drafted him in the first round if they weren’t going to use him, but then he started to take off too. I think that had more to do with Colston still finding his way than BJ intentionally holding him back. And I see something similar with Rousch now. He’s clearly been struggling, but I have to believe BJ wanted him, believes in him, and is trying to get him more involved. For whatever reason, it just hasn’t quite clicked yet for 87.
  4. Ah, that’s what that number is for. Lol. Have to imagine that went up at the last minute. 🤷‍♂️
  5. Here’s a link to another social media post talking about the goaline TD. Cool when explained: https://www.threads.com/share/BAQ6Tf8JMC/
  6. I'd be curious to know what the odds were before Monday's game? Guessing they were heavy in Philly's favor?
  7. Still riding the high from my in-person experience a few days ago, but now that I’m back to the doldrums of being a Bears fan in Alaska, I’ll say this: Johnson is a wizard with his play‑calling. If tailoring a game plan for a 38‑year‑old retiree and making him look like the second coming of Brady isn’t enough, then I don’t know what is. Sure, he’s made a few boneheaded calls, but some of the intricate designs he rolled out on Monday were just wow—truly innovative. I saw one clip on social media (can’t find the link now) showing a run play where, instead of Jackson and Wright lining up on the right side, they shifted to the left. Then Kmet (I think?) motioned over, with Burden covering the right edge outside Thuney and Jones. When the ball was snapped, everyone just steamrolled the Eagles’ left defensive front, with Rousch thrown into the mix. It really put the Eagles back on their heels. And then the pièce de résistance for me: the Keenum sneak into the end zone. Watching it live, I thought, “Wow, he got in way too easily—no one even touched him.” Turns out Johnson designed that play with both guards pulling in opposite directions at the snap, which caused just enough confusion up front for Keenum to practically flop into the end zone untouched. Johnson later said it was actually a Mike Martz design that he decided to try out earlier in the week. Great stuff! Looking forward to whatever he comes up with for the Jets.
  8. Really looking forward to how he and Bryant work together. Gonna be epic I feel.
  9. IT WAS INCREDIBLE! WOW!!! See why you locals do this. Talk about a rush. From the tailgates, crowds and even most of the Eagles fans I met, just an incredible energy. And to win on top of it all? Wow! I completely lost my voice. Should mention got pics of Joniak, Thayer, Aikman, Buck and SVP too. This isn’t something I’ll forget anytime soon! Thanks for recommendations guys and thanks Chicago for a spectacular week!
  10. Excellent recommendation and yeah cool to hear about the water flow! Who knew? Both the part about connection to the Mississippi and the gate that opens for water flow to/from Lake Michigan.
  11. That is crazy.
  12. I think it safe to assume that IF the Bears end up starting their third string QB this week and IF they make it into the playoffs, BJ should be considered coach of the year. This is about as adverse a situation as you can be in.
  13. Will agree with almost all that. (Not a fan of banging on him nor blaming him for the loss - I am ok with him taking reps on the 3rd string offense for a bit). Learning the position may explain why we didn’t see Loveland until later in his own rookie season.
  14. Agreed. I think Bagent can manage the offense just fine. I have faith that BJ will design the offense accordingly. Its not like he had a super mobile QB in Goff while in Detroit and did just fine. My take is he needs to stick with the run...and give Roush some more time in 3rd team reps until he learns to catch and block. oy vey.
  15. Did the math and Chicago’s offense is still averaging 31 points a game. So there’s that. 🤷‍♂️
  16. Hell, the way Adam is going on we should try and go for Manning. 🤣🤭. (All love Adam. 🥰)
  17. Yes. I get that Minny was in pass pro for most of Bagent’s appearance, but he sure did look good in the pocket (save that last sack) with good solid passes. Problem is, and this goes back to last week, when I was curious is it Williams or line causing him to run so much? If it’s the latter - yes Bagent will have some issues.
  18. He really didn’t shine at all today. Dropped a pass in scoring position and another (?) earlier in the game. Wife thinks both he and JJ should be fired. Said she’s gonna make a sign for next week that reads “Johnson Sucks”.
  19. Meh. You still have Keenum as an option too. Regardless, the play calling should have leaned into the run game ALOT more than it did. A week after both RBs got over 100 each and an inclement game to boot. Play calling was indeed suspect.
  20. Agree on the potential injury. Big time disagree on the lost season. BJ is supposed to be the next best thing and I suspect he’ll adapt his offense accordingly. Shoulda been ALOT more running in this game. Last year after an 0-2 start, Johnson adapted to a lot more zone rushing to pull more outta Swift and Monangai. Then about 4-5 weeks into the season remembered they drafted Loveland in the first round and started using him. WAY too early to call it a lost season.
  21. I suspected today’s game would be similar to how things went for GB last week against Minny. However I didn’t think the Bears would already have 53 yards in penalties (30 by Bradbury alone?) and -1 on the TO ratio. Thankfully the Bears have been a second half team even after last week against Carolina. Still, probably not going to see more than 30 pts from them…
  22. With a high snap on Wentz and through his hands as evidence. 😊👍
  23. And JJ with really no effort on a near TD. Thankfully the rook was there to bail him out.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.