NFC Title game Detroit pulls a Bears

BearFan2000

Man what a collapse in the second half.  Detroit absolutely blew it against SF.   I was rooting for the Lions as I know their fan base has suffered a lot, even more than we have.  This was probably their best chance to finally get to a Super Bowl and they collectively blew it.   

Going for it on 4th down, I know that's Campbell's style and his players know he's going to be aggressive on 4th down, but seriously, when things are going south, and your in FG territory trailing in a game you lead by 17, maybe start doing the smart thing and taking the points and not risk putting your opponent in great field position and continuing let them have the momentum.  That said the players do have to execute, on one of the 4th downs they had an easy first down that was flat dropped.  To me it just goes to situational football.  

They could not get the offense on track at all outside of one late last ditch drive which even though they got the TD, they blew it with that run play and needing to burn a TO.  First half they pretty much had their way, and about everything they did was working.  Second half their backs and receivers couldn't catch a cold.  The plays were there to be made they just didn't make them.  

All in all a tough way to lose in the NFC Title game.  A loss like that will either haunt Detroit or drive them to get back.  

Dumb call by Campbell, plain and simple.  He’s a meathead but usually it works for him so more power to him.  Him team plays hard and has progressed.  The momentum swung hugely when they failed on the first go for it attempt.  He could have taken that three and gone back up by 14 or 17.  Instead he gave them the short field and it was a close game only minutes later. 

Vildor got a game ball from SF. If Vildor just lets it hit the ground, the Lions probably win. How do you try to catch it, let it hit you in the face, then bounce off right to the WR you are supposed to be guarding? Vildor Vildoring. 

No team had lost in a Conference Championship with that big of a lead in the 2nd half. Lions are 1 of 1 now. Epic collapse, makes the Bears collapse in the regular season look tame. 

2 hours ago, CrackerDog said:

Dumb call by Campbell, plain and simple.  He’s a meathead but usually it works for him so more power to him.  Him team plays hard and has progressed.  The momentum swung hugely when they failed on the first go for it attempt.  He could have taken that three and gone back up by 14 or 17.  Instead he gave them the short field and it was a close game only minutes later. 

yup

and great title to this thread. I wonder when people are going to be sick and tired of Bears mediocrity.